3

[2004] 

Lost, never found. 

Alexia threw her backpack on the sloppy path next to the small creek as she finally made it to Rossville, Georgia

Alexia threw her backpack on the sloppy path next to the small creek as she finally made it to Rossville, Georgia. Making it to Rossville took her more than nine dreadful days and now a colossal encumber had left her shoulders aching with pain. 

"Oh god," Alexia cried as her muddy cheeks kissed the cold water of the creek. 

As she looked down at her own reflection in the water Alexia realized how much she had changed since the virus broke out back in 2002. Her cheekbones were more visible now along with the rest of her clear-cut features and her recognizable scar across her eyebrow. Around her neck, she wore her favorite silver plated necklace with the initial N engraved in it. As the sun and water imbued the reflection of the chain with nothing but pure beauty, another tear ran down Alexia's cheek. She held the plate in her left hand as she sat in the mud, her knees barely touching the lifeless water. 

Suddenly the sound of a bent branch caught Alexia's attention. Like a flash, her spear point blade folding knife was pointed directly towards the direction of the noise. Alexia grabbed her backpack and soundlessly shoved the straps over her shoulders. As she bit by bit waded through the mire, a figure behind the trees appeared. It was a Walker. Alexia sighed in relief and put her knife back in her brown leather sheath, but her joy was short-lived. A twinge of pain shot up her leg as she made it to the overgrown pathway. The scenario of her easily escaping the putrid walker's deadly hug now seemed slightly more difficult and dangerous than first assumed. 

/Hi! This is just a little foretaste of Alexia during the apocalypse. I hope you noticed the time skip. The chapters of Solivagant are going to switch between the past (2001) and the zombie apocalypse (2004). If you're confused, you should consider re-reading the previous chapters (There's only 3). Bonus info: I'm going to update Petrichor as soon as I get home from my vacation. I wish you all a great summer. Much love Michelle. xoxo.