ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ʜɪᴍ...

You were just a little girl at the time. An innocent, young girl. You had no idea of the wide world before you, for you were limited by your gender. You did as the elders instructed, you obeyed your parents' wishes without hesitation. You were a girl, who did her best to secure their family's and clan's survival. A girl who watched as boys her age and adult men fight in constant war. A girl. That was what defined you. And as an obedient girl, you did what was supposed to be done, never faltering during work. You helped with all the chores, which ranged from the most minor activities such as washing the dishes or cooking to cleaning your father's bloodied clothes after he'd return from another combat. That was what your everyday life looked like for years. Until one day, it took a wild turn and you vowed to break away from this monotone prison.

It was spring, the season of rebirth. Nature was blooming. You enjoyed waking up to the chirping of birds, then stepping to the window and looking out to spot all the flowers whose scent mesmerized you. It felt almost as if life suddenly emerged out of nowhere. You found it fascinating, even now, after 14 years of witnessing this switch between seasons.
The grey mood of winter disappeared, and no matter how much you liked the snow, a change in weather did refresh your mind a bit. It did rain quite often, but as days passed, so did the Sun begin to appear more often. The change can't happen in one day, surely. Neither can the buds blossom in a matter of days. It took time. And with time the buds will also turn in all kinds of products.

This signified only one thing; soon, there would be fruits and berries all over the forest. Bunch of animals would errupt out of their shelters to enjoy this food boom. And one of your favourite activities was soon to begin as well; finding and picking berries with your hyperactive little sister, Ayane.

She changed so quickly, and every spring you'd go doing this activity with her, it felt as if you went with a different person. She grew up so fast, evolved and gathered experience like a sponge. You could easily remember her baby face and chubby cheeks from half a decade ago. Now she was eight years old and thriving to become a fine woman, or at least you were hoping so. She was way more lively than you when you were her age, that was for sure. That irritated you at times. But of course, she was your sister, and you loved her no matter what.

Just a couple of months ago, your mother gave birth to a baby boy, Eisuke. That meant your family now scored a total of five living members. You had an older brother who was killed while you were still very young, which made you the eldest sibling. The eldest brother was very respected in your clan and was one of the finest warriors at his time. You heard many stories of him and his dangerous missions. However, he got too carried away in one battle and while trying to protect the rest of his comrades, he sacrificed himself, ultimately facing dozens of Uchiha by himself and dying. His death still loomed over you like a shadow of some sorts, making you feel as if you had to take on his responsibilities and tend to the rest of the family. He was a great inspiration to you, even though he hadn't lived too long. He left a trace in your house.

But here you were, a little girl, ready to help your family with all your might. Your parents often praised your hard work and complimented your traits, stating that whoever was to wed you would be a lucky man. Wedding was out of your mind, of course. Years will pass until you had to think seriously about it. For now, you had your family, a small, but happy one. It made you more content than anything on this world. And right now you were facing a hyper Ayane skipping all around.

"Berries! Berries! We're picking berries!" She squealed audibly and ran toward you after seeing you step out of the house. You spread your arms to let her run into a hug, and she did, almost leaving you out of breath. "Big sis! Are we gonna find a baby deer again?" Ayane squeaked in delight, looking up at you. Her eyes sparkled with such excitement it made you elated. You smiled and rolled your eyes.