Chapter 23

Hi everyone!

Some important stuff in this A/N! Read please!

Thanks to all of your voting and commenting, something pretty cool has happened: Secret Wings has been featured in Wattpad's online magazine, Wattzymag!

There's also an interview of me that might answer some things you might be wondering. Go check it out, Wattzy Magazine, Interview with chosen Adventure Novalist, by Wattzymag.

Updates until the last week of August will most likely be late, maybe even by as much as a week late, which I know is a long time, but I really can't do otherwise. I promise I'll do my best though, so who knows!

Also, some of you seem to be under the impression that I update weeks or even months late... I update every two weeks! And I can count, and I know it hasn't been two months since my last updates because I have never been late by more than two days yet.

So please stop leaving "you're late updating I've been waiting for months!!" comments; it's usually not true, and if it does happen this month you have been warned about it, there's nothing I can do. I like writing, I like giving you good chapters, I don't put up chapters late for my own entertainment.

Sorry for wasting the time of the many of you who always wait patiently, but this needed to be said.

(Ps: I'm not talking about the "update!" kind of comment, but the ones where people practically scold me for not having a chapter up and sometimes even threaten to stop reading my story. You know who you are, and if you're going to be that way I don't really care if I lose you as a reader, like you so rudely threaten to do. Sorry, but I'm not one to take BS.)

I'll do my best to make the wait worth it, though!

^^The reason for the above delay might be my inability to write due to a very busy and long trip, but... It might also be because I'm stuck in someone's closet... You know who you are. -.- (You there, put that ducktape down! And, no, I don't care if you call it an extended sleepover or whatnot, I would rather not be kidnapped at all.) ;)

The media for this chapter is by @jmmb3709 !

----------------

Recap:

After talking with the king and learning about attacks by an enemy they know little about, Hailey and her friends go outside where they are met with an unexpected surprise: a flying reindeer, also known as a peryton (shut up, Aiden, we got it). Also, Winged apparently don't know who Santa Claus is, poor things.

----------------

Chapter 23

"Who is that?" Autumn said, looking out behind us where the boy in the red robes I had seen with the king earlier was mounting on the peryton.

"His name is Esmond, I think," Chase said. "He's from Sperodyfis."

"What's that?" I asked.

"This cool place where cool stuff happens," Aiden answered.

"Oh, I see exactly what you're talking about now," I said sarcastically.

"I know, right? I'm so helpful."

"Look at his peryton!" Autumn said, seemingly oblivious to our bickering.

"Oh, that's not a peryton, it's a flying reindeer of Santa-something." Aiden sniggered.

"It's Santa Claus, and technically a peryton is a flying reindeer." I countered

"Whatever you say." Aiden said in a sing-song voice.