Aidan: waiting at home

{Aidan}

Turtle!

Nothing to report here; things have settled a little bit. Mel has finally started sleeping, and then she and I run to the cabins. I passed along the suggestions to fix the cabins; Mel thinks they would make good changing areas for when we shift. We'll have to clear a path, but that is definitely a spring task.

It will be nice to have space away from the farm. It'll be great to have some old coats and clothes out here for when we need them. Mel and I have been making a plan. It's the first thing I've had a hand in; Keith was always the architect. 

The tournament went well, Casey won again. Keith is just so annoyed, and personally, I find it hilarious. He was always the largest, beefiest guy on the football team. I was usually the fastest, but of course, not in this pack with Brian and Conor. Keith has been pressuring me into practicing with him, and I can't tell if he's trying to give me an outlet or if he needs one himself. Maybe it doesn't matter. I lose nearly every time when I fight with Keith.

When you get here, we'll be able to take a day at the cabins. It would be nice to get away for a little while, even if we can't go into town or go on a real date. This is one of the downsides of the country life. If anyone thought for a moment that I'd be safe in Chicago, I'd come back with you. But I know that no one will let that happen.

I wish this weren't so complicated. I don't like this long distance between us because I just imagine that with every day you'll forget me a little more. You might think I'm absurd, but you live this fast -paced life with the hunters. And the sight of blood makes me just nauseous. I want us to have a chance at a relationship, a real one that isn't just finding a quiet moment between madness, chaos, and long periods of separation. I think, if we're being honest, we don't know each other that well. I want to, of course. I just... I feel like this a conversation that would be better to have face to face.

We have forever, but I don't want it to take that long. I don't know how to do this without sounding like a whiny teenager.

Just come home, Grant. I miss you and then we can talk in person.

Aidan