📚Summer Reading 📚

Not everyone has to do this, but some of us have to read. So here are some tips to help with summer reading

📗Use an audio book- you'll be able to do other things while having the book being read to you. ((I don't have the luxury ;-;))

📑Listen to music- listening to calming music can definitely help the flow of your reading. I suggest white noise, asmr or instrumental. Something with little to no words.

📘Don't just analyze text- Yes, text is a huge part of this all. But also, make infrences about what you think will happen when a cliff hanger shows up. Without reading the summary, try to infer what the book will be about. Have personal thoughts on the book.

📑Take notes- Take notes on each chapter and after reading the book. You can look back on them before the assessment. So much easier than re-reading chapters

📙Have a discussion- have a discussion with someone about it. Whether that be reading the chapters together or having a conversation about the overall book. It's a good way to become passionate about what happened in the book and your interest.

📑Look up characters and the author- figure out who or what the book was inspired by. Delve deeper into the character. Find the author and others books they may have written. It can help make sense of some things.

📗Take breaks- take a 2-3 minute break between each chapter (excluding the time to write notes). This keeps you on track with the book instead of reading a whole page without obtaining anything. You should be visualizing the whole way through

📑📑📑

Of course. This may be extra and you just wanna read it and get it over with. But these tips do help.

Word count: 308