"Yeah, uh, sorry. It isn't really a question. It's more like...an apology. We've been feuding for years, and we are clearly different people now." He nodded, agreeing with me, his eyes serious, slightly glazed over with the alcohol in his system.

"Yeah, continue." He told me as he leaned towards his left, the glass in his right hand. I tried to ignore the substance swirling inside, but it was inevitable. I took in a deep breath, exhaling through my lips before I started,

"I'm sorry for hating you, and for whatever I've done to you in the past, and I'm willing to put our differences behind us if you are." I quickly rambled, and his eyes widened in surprise. He put down the glass before he looked up at me with slight awkwardness.

"Oh. Well, this is unexpected." He admitted, but before I could continue, he stood up, replying,

"But yeah, I'm sorry too. I know I did some bad things to you, and the rest. I'm willing to try this out." He told me, the fake kindness dripping from his voice. I ignored the fact that his goodwill was badly acted out, standing up, hoping my act could fool him.

"Acquaintances?" I asked, holding out my hand for him to shake. He looked at it for a moment, as if he was processing the fact that this was actually happening, before he took it, the smug, proud smile of a businessman etched on his face. He had fooled many with that winning smile, it was the smile that sealed the deals with companies to work together, to fund the monsters that lurked below, to fund Ataro and the absolute destruction of Slugterra.

"Acquaintances." He agreed, giving me a smile. We shook on it before we let go, and I couldn't help but wipe my hand on my shirt, feeling repulsed by his touch. I heard Orbis giggle from inside my slug tube, and I rolled my eyes at her. Tad walked towards the minibar, still talking to me,

"We should have a toast to this new...whatever it is, now that I think of it. This is the perfect occasion and the perfect time!" He told me as he picked up a glass, and my heart stopped as he walked over with the glass, dreading every step he took closer to me.

"Shanes and Blakks, able to stay in the same room without killing each other. We truly came a long way." He chuckled as he arrived at his table, but before he could tip the wine bottle, I swiftly reassured,

"Oh, no thank you, I don't drink. Thanks for the offer though." He looked at me, a questioning look in his eyes, and before he asked,

"Why not? It's just once, won't hurt you too much. I'm sure you can hold your alcohol." He told me as he tipped the wine bottle, the red substance falling into the cup, swirling around. I glanced behind and I saw the bodyguards tense, ready to intervene, but I curled my fingers, the sign for stand down. I cringed slightly as Tad approached me, goosebumps decorating my exposed skin.

"I'm underage, and I'm going on Defender Patrol in Lumino after this." I countered, hoping he would back off, but all he did was wrap his arm around my shoulders, crashing into my left, swaying slightly. I stumbled slightly before I regained my footing, trying to calm myself down.

"Come on, don't be a downer, have some! At least a sip." He told me as he handed me the cup, his body starting to sway, the smell of the wine bringing me back to that place, bringing me back to that small apartment, my surroundings contorting into the place I hated so much. Crumpled bills scattered across the floor, the dull, cold place smelling of smoke and alcohol, her staggering figure throwing herself at me, bottles and glass coming flying to my face.

"Tad, no, I don't feel comfortable drinking." I tried to reason, trying to suppress the panic that started to form in my chest, that clogged up my throat, making me unable to breathe.

"It won't hurt, man, just-"

"Stop, Tad, please, I'm not-" I tried to retaliate, but all of the sudden, the two glasses of wine flew out of Tad's hands, and Tad stumbled back towards the ground, the wine glasses knocked out of his hands. Two hands caught the two wine glasses, some wine split on the floor as a foot was rammed into Tad's face, rendering him unconscious. I quickly tracked back, seeing Aubrette standing there, her menacing figure back to hurt me again-