Chapter Fifteen

~Chapter Fifteen~

One Word, One Fear

The dawn came quickly and with it brought a cold, misty air. The people of the forest were already awake and bustling about the camp doing their daily chores, all except three. John, Fanny, and Will were on the verge of panic from not seeing their loved ones safely in the camp. The maiden and the young boy were still out on the forest... or worse... founded by Nottingham soldiers.

The Little parents were not as panicked as the young man. They felt that the two are safe but just taking their sweet time getting back home. Will, on the other hand, was worried to the extreme as his eyes never left the forest line around the camp. Deep within his heart, he was still hurt from the thoughts of her most likely rejection of his feelings however he loved her still and wanted nothing more than to make sure she's safe.

Where is Mina?!

Heavy bags created a pulling weight under his tired hazel eyes. He had not seen her since he disappeared into the forest around noon... or was it in the morning? Will was not so sure since he was not putting his full attention on the sky above.

"Scarlet?"

His eyes slowly glanced over to the giant Little who himself looked worried, but not as much as the young man himself. Will could not say much due to the lack of moisture in his throat so he nodded towards the Little.

"Evemina went to her parents' graveyard last night to think." A glint of light shone to the young man in John's blue eyes, making him very curious on what she needed to think about.

Until hazel eyes widened at the realization, "To think? She knows?!"

John calmly bobbed his head towards the young man.

A whirlwind circulated within Will Scarlet, "What did she say? Or react!?"

The giant shrugged his shoulders, "She left to think but did not know what she had to think about when she left. My boy must've told her along the way." John smiled kindly to the panicking Will Scarlet, "I think she will return your feelings, Scarlet."

Suddenly the whirlwind died down at the words as a wave of warmth washed through his body. It was hope. That too soon died as his sadness returned to him. "No she won't." Will moodily muttered with a swift roll of his eye. His hazel eyes lowered to the ground, "She could never love someone like me."

"She already does, Scarlet."

Will sighed heavily before escaping the giant man and his words that sent waves of hope through his heart.

Some of the men stood around the camp, with nothing better to do but wait for orders to tax the rich again.

Also there was... something about the morning and how the silent fog drifted low along the forest floor.

The land was too quiet.

No birds happily sang their song from the tops of the trees.

No wind.

No movement.

Nothing.

SWISH.

THUNK.

"Robin! Someone's coming!"

An warning arrow was shot from the tress and struck the moist ground below.

SWISH.

THUNK.

Another arrow hits the ground as another spy in the trees spotted the intruder.