Chapter Fourteen

~Chapter Fourteen~

Crystal Clear

A new day was bestowed to the great land of England. Two weary bodies laid close to one another, sharing a single blanket to keep warm. Autumn was approaching quickly and therefore the forest had a cooler chill in the air than usual.

One of the two, Will was wide awake and had been for an hour or so before the sun peered over the horizon. His arm had wrapped itself around the little woman's waist as she slept peacefully in the crook of his other arm. His hazel eyes never left Evemina's perfect face, admiring her beauty as slept just like the first night they reunited.

His thoughts than drifted to the happenings of last night.

~~~

Evemina had given the little infant back to John who happily took his son. Before leaving the two to his wife in the hut, the giant gave Will a small wink. The maiden did notice the gesture but shrugged it off, dismissing it for some memory of importance between John And Will.

Her emerald eyes glanced over to the young man, smiling brightly which sent Will's heart pounding against his chest. "What do you want to do now?"

A grin flashed across the man's face, "How about more dancing?"

"Dancing?" The maiden placed her hand along her chin in mock thought, before smiling up at Will. "I would love too!"

The young man gripped her hand and lead her into the crowd of people who danced along to the folk music. Evemina was surprised at this since Will was usually a very kept to himself and a secretive man, but went along with it.

Again the two spent an hour more dancing and laughing, enjoying each other's company. Once the two were utterly spent and hungry, they hurried to the banquet table and ate till they reached their fill.

Will and Evemina were standing by the table, watching the celebration rage on when the young man got an idea.

"Mina?"

Her eyes glanced over to him, "Yah?"

"Have you been in a tree house yet?"

A shimmer quickly came to her eyes, "No I haven't."

The two shared a sly grin before hurrying over to the nearest ladder. Will helped Evemina start her climb first before he quickly joins after her.

Once they reached the top, the maiden gasped at the sight below. Never had she been this high off the ground before since Will and her were children. At the pit of her stomach, a pinch of nervousness occurred as she remembered when she had almost fallen to her death from this height. Will saw this hesitant look in her eye and instinctively squeezed her hand. Her emerald eyes studied his face before a sheepish half smile spread across her face. Her little hand gripped his hand in return.

"Sit down, Mina." Will instructed with a kind smile.

The maiden nodded before following his instruction and Scarlet followed in pursuit.

A comfortable silence settled between them as the young man and the maiden watch the celebration below. Well... the woman was watching while Scarlet staring at her. He had a question that was nipping and rattling in his brain to be let out.

Finally he gave in, "Mina?"

Evemina shifted her gaze from the people below to the man at her side, "Yes?"