Chapter 1

Laughter and conversation floods through the crowded room. Crowds of people stand together with drinks in hand. It was a work party for probably one of the largest companies in New York.

Uchiha INC.

Sasuke Uchiha sits alone at a table by himself. His brother had come over numerous times in a desperate attempt to get Sasuke to socialize with his employees, but Sasuke wasn't one to be swayed by anyone. He was rather bored, and all he wanted to do was go back to his house.

He saw these people everyday; he didn't understand the need to have a party to celebrate the end of a successful quarter. Itachi was persistent, and since Itachi was in charge of the company Sasuke couldn't really win.

His eyes scan over the crowd of people. A large crowd of girls saw him, and they immediately waved. Sasuke doesn't even acknowledge their presence. A bar catches his sight, and the idea of another drink seemed too good to resist.

There were a few people sitting at the bar area, but surprisingly not too many. Sasuke wasn't really shocked. They had to switch restaurants last minute due to the previous one cancelling on them. This one wasn't nearly as nice, and typically it's only guests were ones who were close to the area.

Sasuke watches as someone orders a drink. The only part of the bartender he could see was their back. He watches as the man pours a drink. Once the bartender turns around, Sasuke gets a good look at his face. He feels his heart beat pick up speed. All he could focus on was his blonde hair and his bright blue eyes. Sasuke immediately pushes himself up from his chair and makes his way over.

He finds a seat towards the end of the bar which allows him to keep his distance from the others. He raises his hand in an attempt to catch the attention of the bartender. It does, and he watches as he approaches him.

"What can I get you?" He asks Sasuke. Sasuke's dark eyes lock with ocean blue ones.

"Gin and tonic." Sasuke replies. Sasuke tries to read the name on the tag, but he moves away before Sasuke even has a chance.

"Are you with the work party over there?" He asks Sasuke. Sasuke nods in response, "I've never seen this many people here before."

"We were suppose to be somewhere else, but they cancelled."

The bartender hums in reply before he carries the drink he just prepared over to Sasuke, "Are you suppose to be drinking at a work party?" He asks the raven teasingly.

"Probably not," Sasuke says. He finally catches a glimpse of the name tag on the bartender's shirt, "thanks, Naruto."

"No problem," Naruto says as he leans back against the bar. He takes in the sight of the man in front of him, and he was intrigued. Usually people this attractive don't waste their time on him. The only people that would make conversation with him at work usually only wanted to have sex with him. He wanted to know more about the man in front of him, "what do you do for the company? Make copies or something?"

Sasuke finds himself chuckling, "I'm the co-CEO. My brother is in charge."

Naruto raises his eyebrows, "You're the co-CEO of a company, and you're over here at your own work party talking to me?"

"I find you more interesting."

Naruto feels his cheeks heat up. Luckily, a customer calls for him to come over. Naruto mumbles a quick 'be right back' to the man in front of him before he scampers off.

Sasuke watches Naruto intently, "What do you need, Doug?"

"I need you," The man in front of him slurs, "that's what I always ask for."

"You always ask, but it won't ever happen for you," Naruto replies. Sasuke's first thought is how feisty Naruto was, "Miller Lite?"

Doug nods his head sadly while Naruto grabs him a drink and hands it to him. No one else appears to need Naruto, so he heads back over to the man he was talking to prior.

"Who was that?" Sasuke asks while taking a swig.

"A regular, his name is Doug. He only acts like that when he's drunk, which he obviously is." Sasuke nods his head as he turns towards the man who hit on Naruto.

Naruto takes in Sasuke's appearance before he speaks, "I didn't ask you earlier, what's your name?"

"Sasuke."

Naruto gives him a quick nod. Sasuke goes to ask him a question, but he feels a hand on his shoulder. Sasuke turns to see his brother behind him, "Itachi, what do you need?"

"Come over here. The two men from The Sand that we need to talk to are here." Itachi tries to pull his brother up from his spot, but Sasuke remains stationary.

"Why can't you do it?" Sasuke asks while he takes a drink. Naruto can't help but laugh at the sight in front of him. Quite honestly, he didn't want Sasuke to leave.

"Sasuke, I'm not asking." Sasuke releases a sigh before he stands up.

"I'll be over there in a minute, I have to pay." Sasuke says to Itachi. Itachi didn't seem to like the idea of leaving Sasuke alone. He didn't think he'd come back. Sasuke sighs.

"It's $5.30." Naruto says. Sasuke reaches into his wallet and pulls out a 50 dollar bill. Naruto's eyes widen.

"Keep the change." Sasuke says with a smirk. Before Naruto can protest, Sasuke walks away with his brother. Naruto watches as the two meet with a pair of men, and the only thing Naruto can think right now is how mad he is at himself for not giving Sasuke his number.