forty-one

AMARA

"Would you have shot him?" I questioned Harry, his face looking pained once the words fell from my mouth. I shifted onto my side, the mattress dipping as I faced Harry.

"I would have killed him," Harry admitted, my eyes closings the confession that I regretted asking for already.

"Why?"

"My duty is to protect you. I will not stop doing so, even if a human life threatens it," Harry's voice was serious, making me think he maybe wasn't as sincere as I wished he was.

"What stopped you?" My eyes scanned every inch of his face, falling on his growing stubble that hadn't been shaved in a couple days. Harry, of course, still managed to look like a god.

"You."

My lips parted as the word came out of his mouth, my stomach tightening as his eyes stayed planted on my own. He said it without any hesitation, his voice not the least bit shaky.

"If I wasn't there, you would've killed him," I confirmed, not knowing how to feel. Harry was paid to protect me, and if that meant killing people, he'd do so without hesitation. I didn't know how to take that.

"Correct."

"Oh," I whispered, avoiding his eyes. I couldn't help the tiny bit of accomplishment I felt in the pit of my stomach.

"It's terrifying," Harry spoke, his voice deeper than usual. I blinked, not believing Harry was actually scared of something as I sent him a questioning look.

"What is?"

"You have me wrapped around your little finger," Harry chuckled, my heart picking its pace up as I looked at him. I nuzzled my cheek into his hand as it rested on the side of my face, his face leaning towards mine slowly.

I rested my hand on the back of his neck, pulling his face towards me as I grew impatient, our lips slamming together. My eyes closed as he lifted his body onto mine, one of his elbows holding his body up, the other resting on my ribs.

My hands found their way into his hair as he bit lightly on my bottom lip, pulling it back slowly, before letting it go to pop back into place. I pushed my head into the pillow as Harry trailed his lips down my neck, sucking and nipping at the skin. I whimpered as he sucked on a spot above my collarbone, tugging his head back up to connect our lips.

Harry groaned as I lowered my hand to palm him through his jeans, grabbing my hand to intertwine our fingers before he placed them on the mattress next to my head.

"It's your turn," Harry rasped, kissing the corner of my lips. I closed my eyes as he lifted my shirt, trailing his tongue down the surface of my stomach down to my hips. His lips bit at the skin on my hipbone, his fingers hooking under my sweatpants. I lifted my hips as he tugged on the waistband, allowing him to pull them off completely.

"Is this okay?" Harry looked up at me, my head nodding eagerly. His lips tugged up as he slid his thumbs under the side of my panties, pulling them off as he did with the sweatpants. His hands gripped my thighs as they closed shut, Harry tutting as he lifted my legs to rest on his shoulders.

I squirmed as Harry's breath hit my centre, my fingers moving into his curls as he teased me. I panted when his tongue pressed flat against me, his tongue stroking me slowly. My hand fisted his curls as they tickled the inside of my thighs, my head falling back at the sensual feeling. I cried out in pleasure as Harry slid a finger in me without warning, easing it into me slowly as his tongue continued its assault on my centre.

My free hand fisted the sheets as he withdrew his finger, sliding it back into me seconds later. My back involuntarily arched as he curled his finger inside me, groaning onto my clit as I tugged his hair. I felt him add another finger, my mouth widening in pleasure as he picked up the pace.

"Harry," I moaned lowly, my stomach tightening when I look down at him, his eyes already staring back at me. I felt him smirk on me as I cried out in pleasure, holding the back of my hand against my mouth to mask my moans as I reached my breaking point. I watched as Harry's muscles tensed while his fingers slid in and out of me, my legs stiffening as he flicked his tongue over me.

My vision blurred as he curled his fingers, eyes clenching closed as I completely let myself go, muttering Harry's name under my breath. My chest heaved up and down as I opened my eyes, falling further into the mattress when Harry pulled his fingers out of me, his lips closing around them. My lips parted as he sucked his fingers, unwrapping my legs from around him.

"How was it?" Harry lifted his body, falling down beside me. I hummed as a response, still catching my breath as he chuckled in return. He pulled the blankets over our bodies, my legs tucking up to allow him to pull it out from under me. I curled up into his chest as he pulled me into him, his arm tightening around my waist securely.

—————————

"Her parents will kill you, you know that right?" Zayn's voice whispered as I woke up, my hand feeling the mattress for Harry's body. My eyes stayed closed as my hand hit his arm, resting my cheek on top of it.

"Can we talk about this later?" Harry snapped, his tone vicious as I felt him sit up on his elbows, my head falling to rest on his forearm.

"You can't avoid it forever, Harry," I heard the door close after Zayn said that, my eyes opening soon after. I looked at Harry as he glared at the door, his jaw clenched.

I picked up my head to place a kiss on his bicep, his chest bare as I realised he must've taken his shirt off in the middle of the night. His head flicked down to me, his eyes softening as I smiled brightly.

"Morning," Harry pressed his lips to the top of my head, pulling the blankets off his side of the bed to get up. I fell back into the pillow as he flew around the room, throwing my sweatpants and panties that were thrown off last night into the laundry hamper.

"Is everything okay?" I raised my eyebrow as he ran his hand through his hair, looking stressed as he loaded his gun. He only loaded his gun when he had to go out, and the thought of him leaving made me pout. Although, I felt safe around Louis and Zayn now as well, it was just better with Harry.

"Yeah, I just have to go out for a bit," Harry avoided my eyes as he placed his gun in his jacket, picking his phone up off the nightstand.

"Where?" I pulled my legs off the bed, sitting up as he stopped in front of me. He looked at me strangely, making me nod as I realised he couldn't tell me. It disturbed me that I wouldn't know, but I had to ignore it, I didn't want to fight with him. "How long?"

"Just this morning, I should be back by 12," Harry leaned down to place a quick kiss on my lips, pinching my thigh playfully before he rushed out of the room. My smile fell as I heard the front door close, wondering if he was putting himself in danger.