_______

Later on that night, Klaus returned to Marcel's courtyard party where everyone was still dancing and drinking together. He made his way through the crowd, in search of Marcel and Ophelia, who had disappeared out of nowhere.

  Ophelia smiled slightly when she spotted Klaus in crowd. Once he saw her, Ophelia walked over to him, "Hey, you're back," she greeted him tightly,l Where'd you run off to in the first place though? I'm quite curious."

  "You mean you and Marcel's minions aren't still documenting my every move?" Klaus questioned, giving the girl a cold stare.

   "I see someone put you in a mood." Ophelia muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes, "What can I do for you, Klaus."

"What you can do is you can tell me what this thing is you and Marcel have with the witches." Klaus demanded angrily.

  "Oh, we're back to that?" Ophelia asked with a sigh.

  "Yeah, we're back to that." Klaus retorted with attitude, causing Ophelia to chuckle as Marcel walked up to them, clearly hearing the whole conversation.

   "You know I owe you everything I got, but I'm afraid the two of us have to draw the line on this one. This is our business. We control the witches in our town," Marcel explained to him, "Let's just leave it at that."

  "Your town?" Klaus asked, not seeming to okay with the answer.

   "Damn straight." Marcel replied and Ophelia could already tell Klaus was angered.

Klaus laughed at Marcel's response,  "That's funny, because when I left a hundred years ago, you were just a pathetic little scrapper still trembling from the lashes of the whips of those who would keep you down, and now look at you. Master of your domain. Prince of the city," The music in the background stopped as the crowd began watch the three, "The only reason you've been able to do it so easily is because you have Ophelia by your side, the Queen of New Orleans. The witches hate Ophelia. I would like like to know how you got them controlled because I sure as hell know it's not because of her." Klaus demanded sternly as Diego, one of Marcel and Ophelia's men, walked over.

  "Why? Are you Jealous, Love?" Ophelia asked him with attitude.

She was about to say more, but Marcel was quick to cut her off, "Hey, man, we get it. Three hundred years ago, you helped build a backwater penal colony into something. You started it, but then you left the city and Ophelia alongside it. Actually, you ran from it. Ophelia and I saw it through. Look around. Vampires rule this city now. We don't have to live in the shadows like rats. The locals know their place. They look the other way. We got rid of the werewolves. We even found a way to shut down the witches. The blood never stops flowing and the party never ends." Marcel shouted out so everyone could hear? "You wanna pass on through? You wanna stay a while? Great. What's mine is yours, but it is mine. My home, my family, my rules, my Queen." Marcel said as he glanced over at Ophelia, who stood beside him.

Klaus seemed to be angered by the last part of Marcel's sentence. 'His Queen', Marcel had said. It pissed Klaus off more than anything. This town was his long before it was Marcel's. Ophelia was his way before she was 'Marcel's girl'.

   "And if someone breaks those rules?" Klaus questioned glaring at them both.

"They die," Marcel replied coldly Mercy is for the weak. You taught me that, too. And I'm not the prince of the Quarter, friend. I'm the king!" Marcel shouted out loudly, "Show me some respect!"

   Klaus took this all in for a few moments, then he vamp-sped towards Thierry, biting him viciously in the neck. Ophelia quietly gasped as he dropped him, Klaus then turned to Marcel and Ophelia, blood dripping from his lips, "Your friend will be dead by the weekend, which means I've broken one of your rules. And yet I cannot be killed. I am immortal. Who has the power now, friend?"

  Klaus faced off with Marcel, who said nothing. After a moment, Klaus smiled around at the crowd then turned and left.

  Ophelia sighed, glancing down at Thierry before looking back at Marcel, "Get him upstairs. I'll be back soon." Ophelia spoke up as she began to walk  out, only to be stopped by Marcel, who grabbed her arm.

"Wait, where are you going?" Marcel asked, deeply confused about why she had to suddenly leave.

"Just trust me, I'll be back with a fix to our problem." Ophelia noticed the uneasy look on Marcel's face and sighed. She grabbed his hand and held it in her own, she kissed him before turning back around, heading out the door.

  AN: Thank you all for 250 reads I'm just two hours! Means a lot and I'm shook.