0

"When our family first settled here in New Orleans, there was a girl. She was an exquisite beauty. Born from a father who came from a powerful family of witches in New Orleans by the surname of 'Claire' and a mother, who was the alpha of the pack that resided in the bayou to this day. Her last name was Lebonair. And none loved Ophelia more than Niklaus. 'She was a Queen, fit for a king' as he liked to put it and Niklaus intended to be that person."

"The witches of New Orleans intended for Ophelia to be the person who could take down Klaus and the rest of our family, not knowing that the two were seeing one another in secret. Unwillingly, they casted a spell on her, making it so that she was unable to age any longer, practically immortal. She and Klaus lived happily together for decades as our family ruled New Orleans, which angered both the witches and werewolves, Ophelia's true family. They casted her out, shunning her. Time past and soon enough, during the early twentieth century, Mikael found us here. Klaus, Rebekah and I fled New Orleans after witnessing our father presumably kill both Ophelia and Marcel in the fire. To this day, we thought they were both dead, but we were utterly wrong."

- Elijah Mikaelson

__________

"There is a light in you that shines so bright, it makes me feel like the man I used to be."

- Klaus Mikaelson

________

"It's not just that Ophelia made my brother a better person--she did-- but he changed her, too. He challenged her, surprised her. He made her question her whole life, her beliefs. Klaus was either the best thing for her or the worst. I envied their love more anything."

- Rebekah Mikaelson
_______

"No matter how big your empire becomes, it is nothing if you have no one to share it with."

- Rebekah Mikaelson