SEVEN

I quickly rushed back and told everyone I needed to leave. Luke looked at me with suspicious eyes, but I just told everyone my dad wanted me home.

I rushed out of the ice cream shop and into my car, trying to get home as fast as possible.

What the hell was she doing here? Is my dad home? This is so bad.

I quickly opened the door, and rushed in. I scanned the living room and saw my mom sitting on the couch reading a magazine.

"Oh, good. You're home." She nonchalantly stated.

"What the hell are you doing here? Is dad here?" I spat.

"No, you're father doesn't know I'm here." She replied.

"Why are you here?" I repeated.

"I want to come get you. You're coming back to the city." She demanded. That got me fired up real fast.

"No, I'm not." I firmly told her.

"Yes, you are." She retorted.

"I'm staying here, and I'm going to start a new life without you!" I yelled.

"Watch what you say. You're going back." She warned.

"You can't make me." I spat. I was such a child.

"I'll leave for now, but remember, if you don't come back soon, bad things might come your way." She sounded menacing.

"Right. I'm still staying." I led her out the door.

Once I shut it, I let out a breath of relief. There is absolutely no way I'm going back. I came here to start a new life, leave the one that brought me trouble, and now, she comes in here telling me to go back? There's no way that's going to happen.

Her threat meant nothing to me. I wasn't fazed one bit. Sure, she's married to a wealthy, powerful politician, but she won't do anything. She wouldn't hurt me. Eventually, she'll drop it.

The next morning, my thoughts haven't cleared up. I was still upset about her threat. I ran as fast as I could through the woods to let off some steam.

The more I thought about her, the faster I ran. She can't take me back to New York. There's no way I'll go. She didn't seem to care about me enough to, you know, not cheat on my dad, so she clearly doesn't care about me still.

I absentmindedly ran through the whole woods and out to the city area without noticing. I wasn't paying attention to my surrounding, so when a pair of arms wrapped around me, I flinched and scurried away.

The arms, however, didn't let me go.

"Lila, are you okay?" I heard a deep, masculine voice. I looked up to see Luke. I took my head phones out and put them in my pocket.

"I'm fine." I panted. Okay, maybe a ran a little too fast.

"I know you're not. You never run that fast; you like to take slower, calmer jogs." He said.

"It's nothing to worry about." I dismissed and tried to get out of his grasp. He just pulled me back to him.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"I told already told you that it's nothing." I reminded.

His face turned stoic. He grabbed my upper arm and dragged me out into the woods. Okay, I'm going to die.

I still was a little afraid of him. He just had this don't-mess-with-me look and reputation. When he doesn't get his way, who knows what will happen?

I took a moment to study him. His green eyes looked angry. His dark hair was absolutely perfect. His muscular build looked like he was the son of gods. He was perfect.

But then again, he looked dangerous. He looked tough, strong. He looked like a man you defiantly didn't want to mess with, and I just did.

In the beginning, he scared me so much. He frightens everyone who talks to him, unless they were friends. He frightened me.

Now, I was afraid, but not as afraid as I used to be. Hell, he even wanted to know what was wrong with me. He's not going to hurt me.

He stopped in the middle of the woods. No one was in sight. I see, he wanted to be somewhere private. He thinks I'm going to tell him if we're alone.

Still, that's not happening.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"I know something's wrong. I get that you have something you're hiding from you're old life, and you don't have to be afraid to tell me."

My glare shifted from angry to guarded instantly. "Something is wrong, but you shouldn't worry about it." I stated with a firmer tone.

"If you don't want to tell me, fine. Just know, I will find out." His eyes held determination, and I knew then, he would probably succeed, but I was going to put up a damn good fit.

I rolled my eyes. I glanced up to him intending to reply, but something behind me caught his gaze.

Luke quickly pulled me behind me.

"Well, look who I found."