TWO

I was running again, like every morning. The weather was a bit warmer today, so I thought about my outfit for school. Maybe a cute blouse, skinny jeans, and white tennis shoes. Sounds cute.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I neared the end of the forest. As I ran out, I noticed a boxing club right outside the woods.

I ran past it and saw someone very familiar. Luke's eyes connected with mine as I ran. I couldn't seem to stops staring, and he could seem to either.

It ended when I passed the building, and he was no longer in sight. What is he doing there?

I just brushed it off and thought it was none of my business. I ran right up to my house and got ready for school.

I walked into school and to my locker. Rachel and Sera already there.

"Hi." I waved to them.

"So, how do you like the school?" Sera asked.

"I like it. It's a change, but I'll manage. I've already met some amazing people." I winked.

"Oh, honey, you met the best people in the whole world." Rachel joked. We all laughed, and I got my books.

My first few classes were pretty normal. We just started the basics of each class and worked on a few things.

Lunch rolled around, and I was excited. Luke didn't talk to me one time, and I was glad since I didn't want to talk about this morning or what he was doing there.

I sat down and heard bickering.

"Maybe you're just not good at art." Daniel suggested.

"No! I can do it." Ryan looked up to me and pointed at me. "If she can do it, I can do it."

"What are you talking about?" I chuckled as I sat down.

"Art today! I suck, and I'm going to fail." Ryan sulked.

"Ryan, you're not going to fail."

"Easy for you to say! Look at what she did." He proceeded to show my painting, which he somehow managed to take a photo of, to everyone else. It was a simple piece. We just painted some mountains and trees.

"Holy shit, Lila! You're fucking amazing." I noticed Luke looking up from his food to check out my painting.

"It's really nothing." I mumbled. "How did you even get that?" I asked Ryan.

"I took it while you were washing your brushes." He mumbled. "How did you even learn to paint that?"

"Well, my middle school art class was taught by a lady who worked as an artist, so we took a lot of field trips to The Met. I got to see a lot of art." I mumbled out.

"Ugh. How am I going to get that good if I can't go to The Met?" He grumbled.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'll teach you in class. It's not too difficult if you know what you're doing. Watch some Bob Ross if you want to paint nature." I suggested.

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to binge Bob Ross." Ryan mumbled.

"At least Ryan is better than Daniel." Rachel started. "Daniel is awful at art."

"Hey! I got an A in that class!" Daniel defended.

"That's because you just kept telling the teacher you like to do abstract art." Nate chimed in.

We all laughed.

"What were your classes like in New York?" Sera asked.

"Really hard. I went to a private school, which if you live in the City, you want to go to a private school. Public school is awful there. We had really abstract classes though instead of the core English, Math, History, and Science. Last year I took, Ancient Greek mythology & art history and Existentialism in writing from 1920s literature, for example. It was really hard to transfer my credits here."

"Why don't we have classes like that?!" Ryan whined.

"Because you would fail classes like that." Nate retorted.

We all laughed. "They weren't that bad, unless you didn't remember every single detail about Eros and Psyche's love story. Then, you'd fail." I joked.

Ryan just stared at me. "You have to remember all that?!"

I giggled. "Well it's easier than it seems, trust me. The hardest thing we had to do was write a ten page paper on a Greek god or goddess and if they themselves or their actions were justified."

"What did you?" Nate asked.

"I wrote about how Hades, god of the underworld, is the most pure, most moral god out of all the gods and goddesses." I replied.

"Wait, How can the god of the underworld be the purest?" Ryan asked confused.

"Hades was the only one loyal to his wife, Persephone, first of all. Zeus cheated on Hera numerous times, and Poseidon chested on his wife, Amphitrite, as well as raping Medusa. You can also look into their personalities and other things they did. Hades was actually the good one. All he did was judge souls in the underworld, nothing too bad. Okay I'm rambling now. I'm going to stop." I said embarrassed.

"Yeah, I definitely would fail in your old school." Ryan mumbled.

"Yep." I heard Nate, Daniel, Sera, and Rachel say.

After lunch, Luke still didn't speak to me. Math is really awkward.

I went to the art class to collect my painting. I think that the one thing I don't like about painting class is having to come back to get your painting at the end of the day.

I put it in the trunk of my car and drove home. I sighed as I opened my door to find the house empty. Typical.

My dad is a pilot, so I don't see him often. I don't blame him though. My mother isn't around anyway.

The real reason why I moved up here was because my mom cheated on my dad.

I felt really bad for my dad. He truly loved my mother, but she had to go and ruin it.

Worse than that though is the fact that the man she cheated on my father with is a politician. He's currently running for the position of Senator. Every time I hear his stupid slogan, I want to punch something: Vote Dave Albright, and you'll be alright.

I wasn't even going to be old enough to vote against him, so I was really pissed. Well, I know whom my dad is not voting for.

My mother just packed up and left with Dave and his son, and I never saw her in person after that. She'd call sometimes, but usually, I'd hang up before she could get passed small talk.

My dad wanted to stay in New York at first, but soon enough, I was the talk of the town. I had to get out of there. Most of my friends ditched me, only a few stayed.

My dad also was being talked about, and I knew he wanted to move and start a new life.

So now, I'm here to start a new life.