Avengers Fair: Part 1

Peter couldn't believe his luck. According to Mr. Haan, the Avengers would be doing an after school fair from Wednesday to Friday. Not only would it be open to all high school students, but it was mandatory for those in Mr. Haan's class. A firm lover of their local superheroes, Mr. Haan had spent the majority of their class telling them that whatever the Avengers would be teaching or showing them during the three day fair would be vital to their science class. Peter wasn't sure how he came to this conclusion as they were studying algae and fungi at the moment, but perhaps Bruce had something related. He doubted Clint and Sam would, though, and was annoyed to find the two bickering in the living room of the Compound when he arrived after school. Ignoring their current debate, Peter walked right past them and went down to the lab.

"Peter, it'll be fun!" Tony said, not looking up from where he was upgrading his Iron Man suit.

After a lengthy amount of time where Peter had worried about everyone finding out he was Tony's son, his dad didn't seem half as concerned.

"No it won't, Dad!" Peter groaned, voice muffled by the lab couch's pillows. "I'm gonna die."

"You'll be fine," Tony told him. As he finished the new programming on his suit, he scooted his chair back across the lab to Peter. "If the team embarrasses you, I give you full permission to embarrass them."

"There's no way I'd come out the winner," Peter argued with a groan.

"Fine," Tony conceded. Deciding o let Peter continue wallowing, he returned to his desk as he said, "If they embarrass you too much, tell me and I'll embarrass them for you."

It wasn't a fail proof plan, but at least Tony could embarrass the team without risk of ruining his entire academic career. When Peter didn't respond though, Tony took that as an agreement.

"It'll be alright," Pepper assured Peter later that night. "Try not to worry too much and get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay," Peter grumbled, waving half heartedly as he walked down the hall to his room. Just before the door closed, he stuck his head back around the corner and said, "Good night, Mom."

"Good night, Peter," Pepper replied, smiling at him.

* * * * *

Peter had been enduring Flash's endless taunts all day. It was the first day of the mandatory, after school Avengers Fair and Peter was really wishing he had been killed with a dodgeball during PE. Thanks to Ned telling Flash that Peter personally knew all the Avengers, not just Tony Stark, Flash had been excited to prove them both wrong. Peter was pretty sure Flash just wanted to see how red his face could get with embarrassment, but he was still dreading it. For his part, Ned was regretting having said they knew the Avengers and together, the two were trying to figure out an escape plan.

"Maybe we can sneak off," Peter suggested to Ned as they walked down the steps.

"Don't even think about it, Peter," Mr. Haan said from behind them.

Peter felt his face heat up and he shared a look with Ned. He should have realised Mr. Haan was behind them.

"We can just hang out with Bruce Banner, right?" Ned asked. He had never met Bruce, but he had seen him in the Tower living room a couple of times when he'd gone to Peter's house. Unsurprisingly, Peter got the feeling Ned would be more star struck around Bruce than Steve or Thor like most of the other students.

"I'm sure Uncle Bruce wouldn't mind," Peter said. Ned looked ecstatic and Peter felt bad about having to burst his bubble. "But there's probably rotations so we'll have to move around."

Ned's face dropped as they stopped behind a group of students. Frowning, Peter stood on his tip toes to see what they were looking at.

It was the Avengers. The students had stopped to stare at the Avengers struggling to put up a tent. Well, not all the Avenger. It was Thor and Tony who were struggling to put up a tent while Natasha and Wanda ate popcorn, watching them struggle. Peter was able to hear Natasha mumble something in Russian to Wanda and in a flash, the tent was surrounded by red and assembling itself. Thor and Tony looked victorious until they realised what had happened.

"Students," Natasha told Tony, continuing to eat her popcorn.

Tony spun around and grinned when he noticed all the teenagers standing in front of him. He spotted Peter and Ned and his smile flashed from 'regular press smile' to 'encouraging dad smile' for just a second, but Peter saw it and smiled back.

"Welcome to the first Avengers Fair!" Tony said, clapping. The students followed suit and clapped as well. "I know you already know me, so I'll introduce you to the others."

Tony pulled each Avengers forward and whispers erupted through the crowd. Peter could hear them all and by the look on Wanda's face, she was hearing their minds. When she saw Peter, she gave him a tight smile and he nodded at her. Once they were all introduced, Tony told them what each station would be and which Avengers would be running it. Apparently Mr. Haan had already divided them into groups of 20 students, so he told them their group number and starting station, sending them on their way. Unfortunately, Ned and Peter were split and Flash was in Peter's group. They were starting at Steve's station which happened to be a course on how to be a good person and improve the world. At least, that's what Peter's impression was. He wasn't sure what Steve was actually calling it.

"Hi, I'm Steve Rogers," Steve said, making sure everyone could see and hear him.

If Steve hadn't been Captain America, Peter doubted as many students would have listened to the following lecture. He caught a few taking notes before an air horn sounded and they were let free to move onto the next station. When Peter looked up to see who was running it, he was thrilled to see Natasha and Clint.

"Welcome, everyone," Natasha said, standing behind the table.

Peter knew she wasn't fond of large groups of teens, so it was a bit of a miracle she'd come in the first place. Standing behind the table was probably her one compromise and if Peter never saw her at a school again, he wouldn't be surprised.

"You're the Black Widow!" a girl exclaimed from Peter's left.

Natasha nodded.

"And you're in high school," she replied.

The girl turned red and nodded, turning to her friend to hide.

Gesturing to her right, Natasha said, "This is Clint. Ignore him as he's in a quiet contest with Sam."

Peter glanced at Clint to see his mouth tightly closed as he glared at Sam.

"Are we gonna learn how to fight?" a boy asked.

Natasha frowned and shook her head.

"Stark said I wasn't allowed to do that," she answered. Peter smirked and Natasha glared at him. Flash noticed and quickly turned to look at Peter, but Natasha called for their attention a second later. "However, no one said I couldn't teach you how to be a good spy."

"We're gonna be spies?" Abraham asked. Natasha nodded. "That's so cool," he said quietly, his voice going up two octaves.

"Great, I'm gonna need a volunteer," Natasha said. A few hands shot up, but Natasha had her eyes on Peter. "You. Curly hair, behind your friend." Peter tried to hide again but Natasha rolled her eyes. "Peter, get up here."

"Aunt Natalia," Peter hissed in Russian, moving forward to stand beside her behind the table. "Don't embarrass me."

"I won't," she promised, grinning. "You're helping me embarrass Clint and Sam."

To be continued...