Princess + Spider-Kid = Disaster

Tony wasn't sure what to do. Did he return to Titan? New York? Queens? Where was he supposed to go to find Peter? Now that people were beginning to reappear after they had defeated Thanos in a second battle, Tony had only one thing on his mind: find Peter.

It seemed like people were returning where they had at first disappeared, but Tony didn't know how he would get to Titan. With a little luck, he wouldn't have to go there to get Peter. If Peter reappeared on a foreign planet and was all alone, though, Tony would never forgive himself.

He didn't have much time to think about it before Star Lord appeared in front of him. Beside him, Rocket jumped on him and he laughed. Soon the other guardians appeared followed by Strange. Tony watched warily as the magician walking towards him, something small covered by his cape.

"Remember how I said if I could sacrifice the kid for the greater good?" Stephen asked, pausing a few steps away.

Tony's heart dropped and his breath caught in his throat. Peter was a kid, he wanted to scream. He deserved a long, happy life!

"I couldn't seem to bring myself to do it," Stephen murmured, moving his cloak back.

"Mr. Stark?" a small voice asked.

Tony looked down at Strange's floating cloak and saw brown eyes and a curly head poking out at him.

"Oh god, Peter!" Tony exclaimed, hugging Peter, cloak and all.

The cloak unwrapped from Peter and returned to Strange while Tony hugged Peter tighter than he would have thought possible. Suddenly remembering the kid had been in a battle before disappearing, Tony pulled back and made sure Peter was okay, no injuries or missing limbs. Once he was satisfied, he hugged Peter again.

"Dr. Strange says we're in Wakanda," Peter said against Tony's shoulder. "He said he saw the future and we won even though we lost on Titan."

Strange said nothing when Tony looked at him.

"Yeah, we're in Wakanda," Tony said, throwing an arm over Peter's shoulders. "Let's go meet everyone, yeah?"

Peter nodded so Tony led him over to all the Avengers and introduced him as Peter Parker, the Spider-Man from Leipzig. Even Steve couldn't find it in himself to berate Tony for letting a kid fight in Leipzig as he was too happy to have Bucky and Sam back. Rather than scold either of them, he just smiled and shook Peter's hand. Peter could only grin wildly and nod.

After introducing Peter to the remainder of the team, Tony turned and walked towards where King T'Challa and Shuri were standing.

"Shuri, come meet Spider-Man," T'Challa said when he saw Tony walking towards them.

Even without an introduction, it was clear who Peter was when he was wearing his suit.

"Oh my god! You're Spider-Man!" Shuri exclaimed excitedly, racing forward to reach Peter and Tony faster. "I'm Shuri.  I've seen all the videos of you in New York and I need to know how you stick to the walls. I can never get it right."

Peter grinned.

"I'm a spider," he explained, reaching out and sticking to Shuri's robe. Her eyes widened and before Tony or T'Challa could object, she tugged Peter away and demanded he explain everything.

Three days after Peter and Shuri had been introduced to Groot, the three were inseparable and been deemed a major hazard to be around. While the rest of the team bonded over stories and battles, Shuri, Peter, and Groot spent their time watching vines and explains how to play the Floor is Lava. This posed a particularly big problem at meals and after the first evening, T'Challa, Tony, and Rocket had to make a rule that vines and games had to wait until after meals. It didn't always work.

"Be careful chirren," Peter said, grinning when he saw they were having noodles for dinner. "That's a lot of sodium."

Tony gave Peter a look but Peter was too busy grinning at Shuri and Groot to fully feel the irritation behind Tony's look.

"I am Groot," Groot said.

Peter and Shuri immediately agreed and Rocket stared at them in amazement. It had taken hardly a day for Shuri to create a translator for Groot, but the speed at which the two had picked it up was something Rocket doubted he could ever find an explanation for.

"Peter, we're flying back to New York after dinner," Tony reminded him, giving him a look.

Peter pouted and Tony rolled his eyes.  They had been in Wakanda for four days and it was time to return home. Besides, May had called Tony seventy three times since people had first started appearing to make sure Peter was okay. After getting confirmation that Peter had returned safely, she had begged him to bring Peter back and Tony didn't want any more phone calls. He also missed Pepper and was anxious to get back to her.

"Why can't I stay?" Peter whined.

"Because May would have my head," Tony answered pointedly.

Peter's eyes widened. He had completely forgotten about May! How could he do that? Of course she would be worried. She'd had no idea what had gone on.

"Let's go now," Peter said, rushing to finish his food and ignoring all the others in favour of finishing as soon as possible.

Once they had both finished their dinner, Peter said goodbye to Shuri, Groot, T'Challa, Okoye, and the guardians, but promised to text and visit again. As long as T'Challa or Tony offered up a jet, it was only a matter of time before Peter returned for the weekend.