He brushed past me into the closet, emerging in his signature 'jeans and a black t-shirt' look. How he managed to look so chic in something so casual, I will never know. He shrugged on a leather jacket and boots as he neared me.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Uhuh," I nodded and followed him out.

I couldn't believe we hadn't done this earlier. I knew I liked Emiliana and I was just elated that she had called. I was beginning a slow death of isolation from a social life.

Just a few floors down were Smith and Emiliana's apartment.

Once we got to Emiliana and Smith's door, Roger raised his fist and lightly knocked on the door. He brought his hand back down, and it brushed against my own. I could feel a slow tingle. Smith opened the door smiling warmly at us and gestured us in.

"Hey guys, come in. Emi is in the kitchen," Smith said while Emiliana yelled out from the kitchen.

"Hi guys! One minute!" her accent was starting to come through.

"Hey man," Roger said, grinning at him and doing their weird handshake. He shifted his gaze to me and I smiled at him, "Hi Smith, nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you, Natalie," he grinned down at me.

"I'll just go say hi to Emi. See if she needs help," I said to both of them. They nodded at me and I took off towards the kitchen.

She was frantic in the kitchen.

"Hey Emi!" I said brightly, laughing a little at how crazy she looked. Her tiny little frame ran around the kitchen, looking for something.

"Oh, hey!" She stood erect when she noticed I was there. "I'm just looking for some napkins. The table is set and the food is done. I just need to find those damn napkins..."

Her kitchen was bright and warm. Fancy steel appliances and fresh flowers decorated the room. It was so homey.

"Let me help you," I joined in on the search.

"Oh no, you sit down! I don't want you doing any work. You're a guest," she shooed me off.

"Smith?" she yelled out for him. He came into the kitchen with an adoring look in his eyes.

"Yeah Em?"

She strode up to him and wrapped her arms sweetly around his neck "Where are the napkins?"

He nodded his head to the left, "In the cabinet next to the oven."

She pulled back and walked to the cabinet, pulling open the drawer. "Ahah!" She held up the napkins, looking victorious, and then walked to the table and put the napkins in the center.

How was she so lovey dove around him? Wasn't she still made at him for kidnapping her? I'd have to talk to her about that.

The entire table was set. There were four plates on top of their own cloth with silverware in the right places. Looking on the stove I saw a big pot of a red sauce and pasta. On the table she had a large ceramic bowl filled with salad in the center along with warm bread and oven-roasted vegetables. I gaped in amazement; I had no idea she was such a hostess.

Right then Roger walked into the kitchen and stood next to me. His arm brushed against mine and I looked up to see him already looking at me.

"What," I mouthed.

The right side of his mouth flicked up in a mischievous smile. I furrowed my eyebrows but looked ahead.

"Well, lets eat! I made penne alla vodka and there is some bread, vegetables and salad at the table, " Emiliana said, clasping her small hands together.