“Do you have something to wear tonight?” Luke asked when he finished his coco pops.

“Yeah, just a dress. Nothing special, but it looks nice.” I shrugged.

“Good.” Luke smiled, “As long as it isn’t something that other boys would like to take off.”

*    *   *    *

“C’mon, let’s start getting ready.” Luke spoke when another episode of Pokémon finished.

“One more episode?” I pouted.

“I’d love to but it’s 6:30. We need to start getting ready.”

“We have, like, another hour and a half til the party.” I kept pouting.

“I know but it takes you 45 minutes to get ready, an estimated 15 minutes to get to Milo’s, and let’s not forget how much you dawdle.” Luke smiled.

“Ok.” I huffed.

I was in the middle of straightening my hair; Luke was fixing up his hair too.

“Hair Game Strong.” I said in a masculine voice.

“Hair is an art. It takes so much time to master but, after 4 years, I’m happy to say that I have slayed the Hair skill.” Luke smiled.

“I don’t know how, but something in that sentence was dirty. I just don’t want to go in depth into it.” I shrugged as I finished up my hair.

“Maybe, but to you think everything is dirty.” Luke winked.

“I might but let’s not lie, you’re just as bad as I am.” I put my straightener down and started to do my make-up.

“Maybe. Though no one is as bad as Calum.”

“Speaking of Cal, how did his date go the other day? I never asked him.” I asked.

“Good. He was glowing when he got home. He has already planned another date. He will not stop going on about her. But hey, she seems nice.” Luke shrugged.

Thank God it went well. I’d hate to see Cal upset.

“Good. I just don’t want to see a heart-broken Cal.” I pouted.

“Here’s hoping it all goes smoothly… for everyone.”

“Here’s hoping.” I sighed.

*    *   *    *

We arrived at the party; the music was up so loud that the windows were vibrating. I grabbed Luke’s hand.

“Shit! I forgot, this is your first party.” Luke muttered.

Second. Here’s hoping that this one goes better. I didn’t tell Luke that, instead I just nodded.

“Well, just be calm. They can smell fear.” He whispered in my ear.

I let out a giggle but it came out a little flat.

“Well, I’m going to meet some people. Holly should be in the kitchen or something.” Luke pecked my lips before disappearing into the mess of drunken, dancing bodies.

Great. Now I’m all-alone, again.

I made my way down the hallway, pushing past more people. Most of them smelt of alcohol and, if possible, hormones. Hopefully this was the way to the kitchen.

Luckily it was. Holly was sitting on the kitchen counter chatting to Harry and Calum. A few other guys were hanging around the kitchen.

“Hi.” I greeted as I approached them.

I received a chorus of ‘Heys’ and ‘How are you?’

“Good thanks. I didn’t know you were coming.” I said to Cal.

“Of course! It’s a party!” Cal laughed.

“And because I dragged him along.” Holly laughed.

“To be honest, I’m surprised you came.” Harry piped up.

“Why’s that?” I asked.

“Because you’re virgin at, like, everything.” He laughed.

“Am not!” I protested.

“Yeah you are. You’re virgin at drinking, partying, all round rebellion.” Harry winked.

“Not a sex. I can hear them sometimes. Lukey, Lukey.” Calum joked. I hit Cal in the gut.

“Wanna drink?” Holly offered me a can.

I was going to deny it, but then I realised that Harry and Cal were staring at me, like this was just going to prove their point.

“Sure.” I smirked at Harry and took the can.

“I’m going to find Luke, bye losers.” I said opening my can and walking away.

I took a sip; it tasted disgusting yet warm and even a little smooth. It wasn’t half bad.

I saw Louis dancing with some girl. “Have you seen Luke?” I asked over the blare of the speakers.

“Out back.” Louis pointed to the back door.

“Thanks!” I yelled before making my move for the door.

Wait, the back. Isn’t that where Milo and his ‘gang’ smoked weed? Luke better not be apart of it.

I opened the door rather hesitantly before a ball of a hideous smell hit me in the face. Shit, they were smoking something all right.

A group of boys were sitting around some old couches on the patio. I recognized one of them as Milo, another as Liam (In my English class), and lastly… Luke. I rested my eyes on him; I could feel them growing wide. Some guy I don’t know passed him a rolled up object that I recognized as a joint. My stomach went to jelly. He lied. Why would he do drugs? To be cool?

“LUCAS ROBERT HEMMINGS!” I yelled when he took the object out of his lips. His eyes widened and he puffed out all the smoke that he just inhaled.

“What the flying fuck?!” I yelled again.

“ohhh, some one is in for it now.” Liam teased. Luke stood up lightning fast.

“Look, baby-“ Luke started.

“Don’t ‘baby’ me. Why the fuck are you out here? And taking drugs?” I was hysterical by now.

“No, listen-“ Luke started, but yet again I cut him off.

“No you listen here. You lied to me, ME your best friend, your girlfriend. And you expect me to be cool with you lying and taking DRUGS? We are done Lucas. So done!” I left in a hurry, I didn’t want to hear what he had to say.

I whipped out my phone and dialled Michael number.

“Kali? Wanna leave so soon?” Michael asked.

“Yes, can you please come pick me up?” I didn’t realize that I was crying. Why was I crying? I dumped his sorry ass.

“What’s wrong?” Michael sounded concerned.

“Nothing, I’ll see you in 5.” I hung up quickly. It’d be easy to talk in the car.