CHAPTER THREE

"What?" Marley turned around to look at Gareth. "H-h-he's dead?" "Yes" Gareth nodded. Marley walked back to the booth and sat down. "How did he die?" Gareth also sat down and answered, "heart attack." "I really didn't know. My condolences. Are you his friend?"

"No, I'm his PA" he slipped off his glasses. "Wait, if he is dead then why do I need to go to LA with you?" "You see, your father has a will and you're supposed to be there when it is read" he explained to her. "What? I'm part of his will?" "Yeah."

Marley rose up on her feet and walked away from Gareth. She stormed out of the pizzeria and was going but, Gareth caught up with her. "Where are you going?" "I'm going back to my house" she furiously answered him. "Why?" "Your boss is not worth anything. How dare he think that everything can be resolved with money. The pain he caused my mom is unforgiveable."

She turned to leave but Gareth heldo her wrist. "Let go of me" she threw her handbag at him and he let go. Gareth watched as she walked away and he kept watching until she was finally out of sight.

Marley went into the kitchen and picked up an apple from the fruit bowl on the breakfast bar. She took a bite of the apple and dragged out a stool to sit on. "What happened?" She turned to find her granny heading over to the livingroom to sit on the sofa. "I made a mistake of going to speak with Gareth."
She walked into the livingroom and also sat down on the sofa. "Why do you say that dear?" "Do you know that my father is dead?" "What?" "Yeah, he's dead and Gareth wants me to go to LA for his will reading." "He is dead? That is new. So, will you go with him?"  "Nah. That will is not going to compensate for everything he did wrong. I don't need to go there. I don't owe him anything and neither does he."

           The next morning, Marley went downstairs dressed up for work in a blue buttoned up shirt with a black pencil skirt and black flat shoes. She went into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of warm milk from the jug. She gulped down the milk and threw a chocolate chip cookie in her mouth.

            "I'm going to the hospital" she yelled and ran out of the house and drove away in her blue truck.

             At the hospital, Marley entered the silver coloured elevator but she was joined by Henson Brady. "Hello Marley" Marley looked away from him and was about to step out of the elevator but it closed in her face. 

            "Marley come on, please just talk to me. I'm really sorry for what happened between you and I" Henson said to her.  "Henson, please just stop talking. I don't want to hear anything from you."  "Marley please just listen. I'm so sorry you are a very good woman and........" ".....and yet you were screwing with Sarah."  "I'm sorry. It just happened."  "Stop apologising" she yelled at him.

              "Look, the damage is already done. I loved you a lot and fuck, I still do.  You made me look like a fool. You were perfect in my eyes but you betrayed me and I don't think I can ever forgive you." The elevator door opened and Marley stormed out.

             Marley opened the door to her office to find Gareth in her swivel chair. "What the hell are you doing here?"  "I came here to talk to you" he got up on his feet. "I don't so get out." "If you are not going to listen, I'm not gonna go anywhere" he sat down on the swivel chair again.

         "Leave me alone" she put her brown handbag on the table. "Just come with me to Los Angeles. I promise you if you don't want to stay after the reading of the will I will understand." "Gareth just go."  "I will be leaving tomorrow If you want to go with me just call me" he opened the door and stepped out closing the door behind him.

              Marley was in her room reading a novel when the door opened and Georgia walked in. "Back from work? This early?" Marley asked her looking up at the clock on the wall. "Yeah, my boss is obviously in a good mood today" she threw herself up on the bed sighing with relief.

          "I heard everything from your grandma." "What?" Marley closed the novel and put it on the bedside table. "About the rich daddy drama." "Please, just don't remind me."  "Marley you are the smart one so think of it as an opportunity. You need to go somewhere else. Your life is messed up right now. Your boyfriend screwed around with a bitch and you still feel worthless. We may be in the same shoes but you are lucky. Think of it a trip to headstart your new life without any dumb boyfriend."

              The next morning, Gareth put his Red suitcase in the cab. "I tried my best"  he said to himself. Just then he turned around to see Marley with her small black suitcase. "I thought we were going to Los Angeles together." "Yes, we are." Marley sat down at the backseat of the cab and Gareth also joined her.

       Please vote and comment.
What will happen next in Los Angeles.
Join Marley as she discovers a whole new world.