15. Ms. Jones, may I have a word with you?

Start from the beginning

At this point, I didn't care about romantic kisses. I wanted a full tongue, passionate and hair-pulling kiss.

Class started and we were having fun, discussing the most famous and known novels of all time. Mike picked that moment to pass me over a paper, he was in the seat in front of me. I took the paper, watching warily as Evan moved around the classroom, explaining something about Shakespeare.

I read the paper to myself.

I know you don't really wanna go,

But it'll be good for you to have fun.

M.

I sighed, writing down a reply.

I'm not sure, Mike. I'm sorry.

You guys should go without me.

J.

I passed the paper over when Evan gave his back to me. Mike didn't pass the paper again and I felt bad for not joining them but I really didn't feel like going to a night club for the first time that night.

Class ended as fast as it started and everyone rushed out of the classroom. Linda, Mike and I were the only ones left. Mike convinced Linda to wait for us outside, apparently he was planning to convince me. Linda obeyed, leaving me with him. Evan was behind his desk and suddenly, I felt nervous. What if he got the wrong idea?

"Jules," Mike started and to make things worse, he pulled me to the corner of the classroom, out of Evan's hearing reach, "I need you to come with us, please,"

"Mike, I--"

"Please,"

"Mike, I'm sorry but I can't. I don't feel li--"

"I like her," Mike blurted out, surprising me, "I like Linda. I've been crazy about her since the first moment I saw her walk into this classroom," I smiled at his words. That was cute. "And I have no idea how to ask her out or make a move or something. So, maybe, in that club I get the chance to tell her how I feel," he said, shrugging, "You know with a little alcohol in my system and all."

"That's why you've been so insistent," I folded my arms across my chest amused.

He gave me an apologetic smile, "Yeah, sorry about that."

"It's cool." I rubbed his shoulder gently and then, I gave him a toothy grin, "I'll go."

"Really?!" he pulled me into a tight hug, "Thank you. Thank you so much. I owe you."

"Class is over." Evan's cold voice made us pull apart. For a moment, I had completely forgotten about him. Don't blame me, I'm a sucker for romance and Mike made me feel like I would be cupid that night.  

"We're leaving, sir." Mike made a military farewell jokingly but Evan's cold expression didn't falter one bit.

Uh-oh.

"We should go." I said, pushing Mike forwards.

We started our way through the line of seats. I kept my head down the entire time in order to avoid those dark eyes that always left me breathless.

The door is close... just two steps more and—

"Ms. Jones, may I have a word with you?" Evan's request made me stop on my tracks. I swallowed, looking at Mike for help but he was just too happy about my decision to support him that he didn't notice my pleading eyes.

"We will wait for you in the parking lot." He said enthusiastically, "don't take too long." He whispered that last part before walking out. As soon as he was out, I felt like a thick tension surrounded the classroom.