Memories are Forever {2}

Hey guys! Here's the second part of my story. I hope you'll like it. I know it's not that long but I promise to make my other ones longer. Anyways, enjoy my story.

And thank you for reading!

Dare :)

p.s

you can comment, vote and/or become a fan. It's up to you.

Copyright © 2010 by xDareToCarex All Rights Reserved

~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~

Memories are Forever!

Chapter 2

Brayden was waiting for me at my locker. I simply ignored him while I was opening my locker and grabbing my things to leave.

"Amberlyne, I'm sorry I asked that question, I didn't know you would react that way. Please, I'm sorry. Say something?" He pouted but kept prying for the answer.

"What do you want me to say? That wasn't even and appropriate question in the first place so should I say something like me wanting to give anything to have that memory permanently erased from my mind? Sorry to tell you this but you can't do that, buddy boy, so just drop it, will you?" I whispered angrily. I looked up to see Cliff making his way to my locker already. "Just leave now so you don't get hurt. My brother's-" But I was too late in warning him because Cliff was holding Brayden by the collar of his T-shirt giving him a death glare.

"Clifton, stop it, please? How could he have known my past? Just leave him alone. For me?" at that, Clifton let go of Brayden's shirt so suddenly that he stumbled back a couple of steps.

"Stay away from my sister, or you will seriously regret asking that question. Leave. Now. Damn it." He growled and got Brayden turning quickly but only after he mouthed an 'I'm Sorry' to Amberlyne.

"Let's go, Sweets, I already notified the office and they agreed it would be best to come back in a day or two. Now let's go home and eat some B&J." That put a smile on my face until we walked into Ashlen.

"Oh, you must be Amberlyne's twin brother! I'm As-." She was cut of by Cliff.

"Not now, come talk to me tomorrow 'cause I have something important to do at this moment." All I could say was that she did not look impressed at all. She was glaring at me like I was guilty of flirting with her boyfriend.

"How can SHE be more important than me? I'm the head cheerleader so you should be drooling over me." She said in a snooty voice.

"She is obviously more important than you are because she's my sister and you must be stupid if you thought you were more important than her so don't go telling me what's more important to me than my sister." He was just fuming now.

"Cliff, let's go, please. I don't want to be here anymore." He looked at me and nodded. "Okay then kiddo, let's blow this Popsicle stand!" he said with a smirk. I'm glad that he isn't as mad as he was earlier.

On our way home, I saw a very small cat that could have been around two years old. I wanted to help it so bad. "Cliffy, stop the car please." I said as I was already taking off my seat belt.

"Why? You aren't going back to school are you?" He asked worried but I shook my head to reassure him that I wasn't.

"I saw a little cat and wanted to help it. I'll walk to the vet's and get it checked and stuff." I said with a smile.

"Sure thing, Amy. Just grab the towel that's lying on the seat to pick up the cat with."

"Thanks, Cliff. I'll be walking home after the vet's. I also don't know how long it will take but I definitely will not be going back to school." After that, I got out of his car and backtracked all the way to where the cat was hiding. When I slowly approached it, it looked like it was going to run away so I crouched down low so I wouldn't scare it. Then, I laid the towel on the ground and patted it lightly.

"Come here, kitty. It's okay, I won't hurt you. Come here." When the cat finally lay down on the towel, I slowly moved my hand closer for it to smell me. Its whiskers were tickling my wrist but I held in my laughter so I wouldn't scare it. I cautiously lifted my hand to its head and started petting it. This cat is the first wild cat that I've pet that didn't shy away. So I wrapped it in the towel Cliff told me to use and picked it up and walked in the direction of the vet's. When I was half way there, a car pulled up next to me. It was a '2007 Bugatti Veyron 16.4' and it looked almost brand new. I was a little scared as to why a car stopped next to me because I couldn't see the driver. Therefore, I kept on walking in the direction of the vet's. After I took a couple of steps, the driver door of the sports car opened and out stepped the last person I wanted to see. Brayden Daniel.

"What?" I said impatiently.

"I just want to know why you got teary when I asked that question in class." He said with anger. I think the anger and hate was there because I had indeed got tears in my eyes and he knew it was a painful memory from the past. Instead of answering him, I only shook my head and started walking again. He went around his car and grabbed my arm. I whimpered and jerked my arm free from his hold because whenever a guy touched me it brought the memories to life.

"Don't touch me!" I said on the verge of tears. Again. He looked worried that I started shaking in front of him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." he trailed off when he saw that I was holding a dirty, skinny, white and black cat that had fallen asleep in my arms. "Where did you find this cute guy?" he questioned, lifting his hand to pet the cat.

"Um... I-I gotta go." I was not going to let him get near me. I was about to pull my cell out to call Cliff, when Brayden spoke up.

"Do you need a ride to wherever you're going?"

"NO!" I said louder than necessary but he didn't retreat to his car like I wanted him too.

"McKenzie, please, let me drive you home. It'll give me reassurance that you're safe because this isn't a very good part of town. Please?" He's giving me a puppy dog look. Before I could answer, he said with a chuckle. "I'm not going to take you to my house and have my way with you." I stiffened and I could tell immediately that he regretted saying that because he saw my reaction. I wasn't able to turn around fast enough to hide the tears that were, once again, spilling out of my eyes. Shit! Shit! Shit! He was going to find out my secret, my nightmare, the worse thing that has ever happened to me.

I was walking as fast as I could to get away from him and hope to never be disturbed by him again. He quickly caught up with me and took the cat out of my hands and brought him to his car, but found out it was a bad idea because the cat was lashing his paws at Brayden.

"Give him back." I said and moved towards him and grabbed the cat from his hands. The cat immediately relaxed in my hold. "Don't. You. Dare. Touch us." I said after I had the cat safely back in my arms and glared at him.

"Okay, fine but I have a question for you." He took a step forward and I took two steps back. "Why do you cower at my touch? Or back away when I step near you?" he tried taking another step closer but I still backed away. 'Come on, Amberlyne. Lie to him.' I told myself.

"C-'cause you're too close. That's all." And I started walking away but Brayden got in front of me. This time, I took a couple of steps back.

"That's not a very good reason, Amberlyne." He said in a stern and angry voice that made me even more scare of him. "If you don't tell me, I'll make you tell me one way or another." He grabbed my upper arm and had a death grip on it and it hurt like hell and I quietly whimpered. Oh God, this isn't good, he's also about seven inches taller than I am. I wanted my brother.

I put my hand in my pocket, holding the cat with one arm, and reached for my phone in my sweater. When I found it, I left it in my sweater but texted Cliff. I didn't want to be scared all the time but I couldn't face Brayden on my own. I needed my little, big brother.