Team Healer

Grian screamed, loud and long, as the hand tried to pull him into the now soft and corroded patch of floor where it came from. The others panicked, trying to think of ways to free him without touching it. In a mad rush to save Grian, a beam of blue energy shot out of Tarutis' hand and hit the hand, only to strengthen it. It pulled with renewed vigor on Grian's ankle, and he fell to the ground.

Zee, in a moment of desperation, flashed a bright beam of light from his own hand, hoping it would at least distract the creature long enough for Grian to get away. The hand let go of Grian's ankle, almost as if it was wounded by the sudden burst of bright light, and disappeared back into the floor, leaving behind a black puddle where it had been. Grian tried to get up on his own, but his ankle had trouble supporting his weight. Zee went over to Grian's injured side and put his arm over his shoulder. Together they walked over to the other two and Tarutis opened the door to their left.

Once safely on the other side of the door, Zee sat Grian down to check on his ankle.

"It burns." he moaned as Zee set him down.

Taurtis, Zee, and Pearl glanced at each other, concerned, before kneeling next to their injured mate.

"That doesn't look too good." Taurtis said.

Zee and Pearl went to have a look. After seeing the damage, they were inclined to believe him. There was a hand-print of black, corrosive sludge eating away at the skin underneath it.

"How bad is it?" Grian asked, pained.

None of them wanted to tell Grian how bad it really was.

"Oh, it's not that bad," Zee lied, running his fingers through his hair. "We should be able to get you up in no time." The others nodded, wearing fake smiles in a sorry attempt to keep their friend from panicking.

"Can I see?"

"No!"

It was too late. Grian pulled his leg up and screamed at what he saw.

Pearl had an idea.

"Hey guys, remember that weird blue energy that came out of Tarutis' hand?" she asked. "Remember how it made that thing stronger? What if Taurtis has healing powers?"

Grian and Zee exchanged uneasy glances.

"No, I'm serious," she said. "Taurtis has healing powers."

They continued to stare like she was crazy.

"Guys!"

"I don't know about this," Taurtis said, a little hesitant, "But it's worth a shot."

He then placed his hand on Grain's ankle, over the burning mucus, and concentrated. The area started to glow blue. Still, he held on until he could no longer feel burning. Once he let go, the ankle was good as new.

"I don't believe it," Grian said.

"I do!" Pearl replied.

"This is so great! We have a healer! Taurtis, you hear that? Your our healer!" Zee said.

But Taurtis could not hear him. He was too busy celebrating.

Author's note: This was a bit of a short chapter, but the next one should have a bit more to it.  Side note,  I kinda wanna see someone draw the opening bed scene.  I would do it myself, but I can't draw at all.  You can go cutesy if you want to.