Ch 14 Into the dark tunnel we go

I'm sorry I can't title correctly. ^^; hope you like it though.

With a flashlight in hand Cuphead ran down a dusty path and continued to walk down the path, if there was a path there was definitely a way out. Cuphead hurried down the path and continued to run...well limp, not worrying about those who were in the house and chased after him. He was happy that he was away from those people. He wasn't sure why they were after him, he was just grateful that he got away.

In the distance a voice rang out.

Cuphead froze and looked around fearfully. Where were the? Who were they? Cuphead wasn't too sure but he knew he needed to escape. He continued to limp and run. He ran for what seemed like forever.

That was until he bumped into something. Cuphead looked up and flashed the flashlight to what appeared to be a tunnel. Cuphead stared at the tunnel and peeked through it, it was dark and strange noises were coming from it. The small cup trotted into the tunnel not because he wanted to but because he feared someone followed him and would harm him. Cuphead walked down the tunnel and shivered Asa gust of wind blew against his slim frame. The strange noises were reduced to whispers as he was getting closer to the end of the tunnel.

Cuphead wasn't sure what to expect but when he looked back from where he came the entrance was gone; swallowed up by complete darkness. He could only go further now. He could no longer go back only forward. Cuphead want sure when his legs began to tremble but one thing was for sure he was getting creeped out. He was thankful that he had a flashlight on hand and could see. The young boy inches forward not knowing who or what was at the end of the tunnel, but he knew that he needed to be brave.

Suddenly the light of the flashlight began flickering allowing a brawl of light and dark to battle each other. Cuphead tried to not panic as he tapped on the device but , but that wasn't helping and the darkness was beginning to win the fight,

"N-no please, p-please work for m-me." Cuphead stuttered and seemed to shake.

Finally the battle ended with the eh darkness being victorious over light. Cuphead yelped and froze in fear. He held his breath as he heard the the loud pounding thumps of his heart ringing in his non-existent ears. He thought he saw faces, faces of pain and torment some had no eyes or mouths, but screams could be heard. Some had smiles that stretched out their pop proportions of their face making it look sinister. Cuphead shivers unable to move as he was paralyzed with fear.

He thought he saw a tall horned figure coming towards him-

No.....no that...he was not a hallucinating, he was real. He was coming towards him and he was real. Cuphead took a few steps back and wanted to run away as fast as possible and never look back. But he remembered that the entrance was long gone. He couldn't go back. The mysterious black figure loomed over Cuphead who trembled in fear. Without warning the dark creature opened its mouth and gave out an ear piercing scream. Cuphead almost fell to his knees at hearing such an awful sound and watched as the dark creature lunged for him.