1.6 - baby blanket

[JOEY STANFORD]

That night as we got home I got a call saying my apartment was ready for move in.

My stuff wasn't coming until the next day but I wanted to check it out and stay the night there.

I walked into the kitchen where the boys were. "Hey guys" I said getting their attention. "Yeah?" Corbyn asked.

"My apartment is ready for me and I was wanting to stay the night in it to get use to. Does anyone wanna come? I'm only taking one." I smiled.

All the boys' arms shot up. I smirked. "Daniel." I said. "Okay there's some clear favouritism here." Jonah whined.

"Maybe another night." I smiled. "Hey I'll bring over my air mattress and some blankets." Daniel whispered turning me around.

"Okay. Let me help." I smiled. "Okay" he said as we began to walk up the stairs to his room.

He deflated his air mattress and folded it up. "Hey Daniel where are the blankets?" I asked. "In the linen closet around the corner." He said pointing to the hallway.

I found a whole pile of blankets and pillows. As I'm going through the blankets I come across the little blanket mine and Jacks grandma made for us when we were born.

I couldn't believe he brought it.

"Hey Jack." I called him over. He walked over. "What's up?" He asked. "You kept it?" I smiled.

"Of course." He smiled. "How could I not?"

"Well thank you for not giving it away. Because I would never forgive you if you did." I said poking his chest.

"I know. That's exactly why I kept it." He chuckled putting his hands on the blanket.

"Can I keep it at my apartment?" I asked softly. "Sure" he smiled.

"Thank you." I said giving him a hug.

"You're welcome. I love you Jo." He said. "Love you too bobby." I replied.

He pulled away from the hug and went back downstairs. I continued grabbing pillows and blankets.

"Sibling goals." Daniel whispered coming around the corner. "Oh shush." I smiled lightly hitting his shoulder.

As I'm looking through the closet pulling down blankets I see Daniel on the corner of my eye staring at the blanket.

I look at him. "C-Can I hold it?" He asked. I nodded and handed it to him. It was knitted with grey wool and had mine and Jacks full initials sewn it the middle.

Daniel looked at it like it was gold.

"This is special to you." He confirmed looking up at me.

I looked down. "Yeah. Jack and I were very close to my grandma when my parents would have issues and after my dad..." I said looking up at him.

"And when she died 3 years ago, Jack and I were devastated." I said.

"I'm sorry Joey." Daniel said hugging me. I hugged him back. There was a small moment of silence.

"No it's fine. I'm fine. It's okay." I said blinking back tears and going back to what I was doing.

"Are you sure?" Daniel asked handing me the blanket back. "Yes." I plastered a fake smile and taking the blanket.

"Okay." He said going back into his room grabbing the air mattress. I had a garbage bag full of pillows and blankets in my hand and just rolled it down the stairs.

I followed it down. I got weird looks from Jonah and Zach. "What?" I asked with a grin. "Nothing." Jonah said shaking his head and going back to what he was doing.

"You ready?" Daniel asked coming up behind me.

"Yep." I smiled. We grabbed our stuff and put it into the car. And drove off to my apartment complex.

"12...13...14...15!" I whispered getting to my door. I unlocked it and we went in.

It looked bigger in person. "Where do you want the air mattress?" Daniel asked.

"Can we set it up in front of the windows?" I asked. "For sure." He replied. So he blew it up and we set up the blankets.

I changed into shorts and a tank top to sleep in even through we'd probably be up for hours.