Chapter 12 - Proposing Her.

Start from the beginning

Oh, right. What if I take the staircase?

"You can't use the staircase, you know. Our security officer closes the way on 7 everyday...plus we are in the 10th floor and you will hurt legs. " he said in a calmer way and I felt like its been ages to listen to that voice.

"Thanks. " I huffed and I peered around to face this man, yet to be honest, even in dark his attractiveness sparkled through the razing moonlight.

"It's okay. There's an old spare room here, why not you go and rest there while I will bring you the candles? " he asked, waiting for my answer and I nodded as he leads me to the spare room.

There's no way I'm finding chances to be alone right now because I hate darkness. The room was quite big and I guess it was the old meeting room with an attached balcony like he had on his cabin.

Later, he excused himself to get the candles and I assured him that I will be fine. Even a big company like this still uses candle when the light turned off, how unusual, I minded to myself.

Due to no electricity, I was soaked with sweat and my jacket wasn't helping either. There were no any kind of air coming around and it's too hot to breath so I walked to the balcony to get some air.

I caught sight with this cool ball chair and sit on. I took off my jacket and laid it on my hand. How can I not notice this spared room all this time? I thought as I felt the wind blowing, cascading the warmth in my skin.

I heard the sound of the door opening and I straighten my self to sit in a formal way.

"Make yourself comfortable. You don't have to be afraid of me. " he joked while putting the candle on a small cornered table as he pulls it nearer to his seat.

"I'm afraid of you? That's really funny. " I uttered with sarcasm while taking of my wedges and relaxing my body on the ball chair with my legs crossed.

He chuckled and I rolled my eyes. I took my handphone to call my mother so that I could inform her the situation.

"Maa, I- " I started and she started to throw up questions about my whereabout right now.

"Maa, relax okay. There's an electric problem here so I couldn't use the elevator till the electric came and the staircases exit were closed by now." I explained.

"Oh, really. So you are safe right? And don't tell me that you alone right now?" she asked in a worried tone.

"Maa, I'm safe and I got a company here so no worries, okay. " I assured her.

"Okay, dear. Be home safely and you already apply for a leave tomorrow, right? " she asked, which confused me.

"What? Why? " I questioned and I notice Nathan become more aware of my sudden confusion tone.

"You have a suitor to meet tomorrow and since you are not accepting any of them, this man will be no choice for you to say no. " she said strictly.

"Maa but I don't want to. You know of how those guys used to be. " I nearly yelled to my mother out of frustration.

"I know, dear. But this guy will be the perfect one for you as he matches every characteristic that you told me before. " she convinced sweetly.

What the hell? Yes, I created a long list for a perfect guy to inform my mother that I want someone like I listed about but the real reason why I did that because there's no way for any guys to be that perfect.

I gave her this list because I knew that no men exist for my lists. To make her quit from searching for an alliance, I had to do all that but now she telling me that she already found him? Like, how's that possible?

"Maa, no. I'm not meeting any suitor after this. I'm done. " I huffed and all I heard was her daily lecture.

"Your never done, Ishita. And, listen this...one last time. Only one last time. Give him a chance, I can assure you that he wouldn't be like any of your past suitors. " she tried to convince again and I asked her to give me sometime. She ended the call with a final advice and my mind rustled over the previous suitors I had.

I hate seeing this suitors, you know why, because all they want from me is my beauty or family background. None of them had asked about the real me, but will accuse me around with questions.

I had peak when one of the suitor, who's a well known police officer asked me to or more like began ordering me on the first blind date we had. He even put on a condition to maintain my body shape for the coming years, or else he would find a hot chick and guess what, that was the last day I saw him around me.

He had some nerves to talk to me like that and he's an absolute moron.

"You okay? If you don't mind me asking, what happened? " he asked and I noticed that I got rambled aloud with my mother in front him. Honestly, his voice calmed my inner veins a little and I took a sharp breath.

"That's...nothing. " I said while crossing my arms beneath my chest.
We were in silence right before he ask, "So when is your marriage?", while smirking. I closed my eyes and laid my head on the head rest to cool down myself.

"I guess, you aren't interested to meet this suitor. " he said and lean a bit to me from his position.

"Yes, I'm not. " I said while looking at the dark clouded sky.

"Are you in love with someone? " he asked in a nervous like tone. Why was he nervous to ask this and I even noticed a mixture of concern it.

"I'm not in love with anyone and that's the problem. " I pronounced slowly.

I heard him taking a sigh now and after clearing his throat, he questioned, "What's the...problem in it? "

"I'm...I'm scared of commitments and relationships. It's more like, I can't do the lovely feelings. If I married a guy, I'm...not sure whether I could keep him or not because of course, he would expect me to love him but what if I don't. It's not that he's going to wait till I fall for him. And...I wanted to be free without any ties on me. You know, to live like a free bird who does what she really desires. " I told him every bit of my insecurities without thinking twice and he just stares at me while nodding time to time.

"Why don't you tell all this to your mother? " he asked, compassionately waiting for my reply.

He's a good listener.

"I can't, because I love her. I know that if I ever said this to her, she would be sad and mad at the same time. You know, it's a typical indian parents thingy. Which you wouldn't understand about. " I said while looking away.

"Hey, I'm half Indian too. Maybe my mother's not exactly like yours, but they kind of sounds the same you know. Wait a second, why don't you tell your mother to wait untill you find the right guy? " he says with some enthusiasm

"That won't happen because my mother is a strong believer in astrology and according to my horoscope, I have to get married before 26 or else I will be a fully spinster. She trust that craps and I was trapped to get married soon because I'm going to be 26 next year so she's trying to settling me down quick. " I gruffed over that stupid fact that my mother 'highly' into and he looked me with his eyes doubled in size.

"What? Don't look at me like that. This sounds ridiculous right but what to do, I had no choice but to accept anything that will comes next. " I said while taking in a breath.

"So you have to get married for your mother's sake, right? " he asked softly.

"Yeah, I have to. " I said while gazing on the floor then to the night view of the city.

"So...well...then..." he trailed off while rubbing the back of his neck.

"So? " I mimicked him, knowing he is getting some tinkering going in his head.

"This might sounds funny but I just want you to know that I'm dead serious about this. If you are in need to get marry right now, would you do it with me? I mean...would you marry me, Ishita? " he proposed as if he had already planned to do so and I found my jaw sweeping the floor.

Am I hallucinating?