Chapter 2

"I just can't stop thinking about Vanessa. Her bright green eyes, her long dark hair, her angelic voice, and from our conversation how intelligent she is. When I see her I get this feeling in my stomach, almost like there was butterflies in there." I said explaining to my therapist Lana, how I feel about a girl I met about a week ago. I was currently laying down on the soft sofa that was in Lana's office explaining my feelings for Vanessa.

"Seems like you really like this girl." Lana said

"Yeah I do. But I'm afraid I like her too much. I don't want to fall for her and what if something happens and she's going to end up leaving me. And what would sarah think about me liking someone else?" Despite me liking Vanessa, I still think of Sarah a lot. What would sarah think of me liking another girl that's not her?

"Sarah would want you to move on Brendon. You cannot spend all your time on thinking about how  sarah would feel. You need to move on. Its been a while since she died. Maybe you need to go out to clear your head." She told me. Maybe I did need to go out to clear my head.

"Okay, I'll go out. But only for tonight." I said. I wasn't a fan of going out, Especially after sarah died. I didn't have much friends. After sarah died I didn't talk to anyone so most of friends forgot about me. So I only really have 2 friends.

"Well our time is up Brendon. I'll see you next week."

"Okay bye Lana." I said as I got up from the comfortable sofa I was laying on. I was walking out the door when I heard a laugh that strangely reminded me of Vanessa. When I looked around to see if anyone was there, all I saw was someone walking into the room I just Exited. I unfortunately didn't see a face but I did see their black Nike shoes.

                 ****************

Sitting at bar alone was not how I imagined my night to go. I regret telling my therapist that I was going to go out. Now she's going to expect me to tell her how about my night. I was sitting drinking my beer when someone sat next to me. Didn't know who did, and didn't care to look.

"Hey stranger!" The person next to me said. I turn around to see Vanessa sitting next to me with a smile on her beautiful face. "What are you doing alone at a bar on a Friday night? You should be on the stage singing some karaoke, not watching people sing with a bored expression as you drink your beer." She said.

"I made a mistake telling someone I was gonna go out, so that's how I ended up here. And I don't really like singing in front of people so that's why I'm not singing on the stage." I replied.

"I'll make you a deal. If you sing one song, and I'll go out on a date with you." She offered. Who wouldn't want to go on a date with her? Of course I'm going to agree. "Fine." I agreed. I walked up to the stage to pick out the song when I saw a song that called my name. I quickly whispered to the guy the song I'm going to sing to him. I quickly grab a microphone so once he's done announcing my name I can start singing.

"Ladies and gentleman here is Brandon Urie singing Africa by toto." The guy said. I gave him a dirty look when he said my name was Brandon. Why does everyone call me Brendon?!

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in, 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation

I look towards Vanessa shyly as I sang the first part of the first verse. The look on her face was pure shock like I hid something important from her.

I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some long forgotten
words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"

After finishing the first verse I started to get really into the song. I start swaying a little bit.

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

In this moment I immediately thought of sarah. She would say that the first line of the chorus is correct to her. Its going to take a lot to take me away from her. But obviously it didn't take a lot to take her away from me.

I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

I tried to continue singing without breaking down but that didn't happen. After singing the rest of the chorus I broke down. I started crying, and that's not what I planned to do tonight. Before I could fully regain my composure, I heard heavenly voice singing the second verse. I looked and saw Vanessa had gotten a microphone to help me sing while I tried to regain my composure. I was so amazed with her voice I just stood there flabbergasted the whole time she was singing.

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

We both sang together. It was truly magical. I know this probably sounds like something out of a movie like high school musical, but singing with her was the most fun I've had in a long time.

As soon as we finished the song we got off the stage and made plans to meet up for that date she promised me if I go
on stage to sing.

But for the rest of the night, it was just us fooling around and having fun. This is going to be a night I'm going to remember this forever!

HELLO! Here's chapter 2 of end of all things. Was meaning to update a week ago, but I forgot. I forgot to mention last chapter that uriesricecakes helped me. Also helped for this chapter too! Please comment and vote!

I tried to include what was happening while he was singing instead of just lyrics (lets be real no one likes when authors include all the lyrics. Its extremely boring!) I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense in that part! Tell me what you think about that part.

See anything that doesn't make sense please comment and I'll fix it! Same goes for spelling mistakes!

Love y'all

~Ari💕