18. Black And Blue

Start from the beginning

"I do?" Frank asked.

"Yes, Frank." Gerard whispered. "You'll never make me leave. I'll wear this on my sleeve." Gerard began, he pointed at his wrists. "You wanna follow something? Give me a better cause to lead." He said, he brushed all his hair out of his face. "Just give me what I need.. Give me a reason to believe." Gerard whispered quietly.

"Gerard.." Frank breathed, he ghosted his fingers over Gerard's scars.

"You're the reason." Gerard said, he kissed Frank's lips lightly. "The reason I am alive today." He kissed Frank's lips again. "Thankyou, Frank Iero." Gerard said looking into Frank's eyes. Frank turned pink and smiled lightly, but then he pulled Gerard close and pressed their lips together. Gerard's fingers reached.up to tangle in tje longer pieces of Framk's hair as the kiss became more intense, needy. Almost as if they both depended on it.

Shortly after that, they went to sleep cuddled together holding eachother close.

____________________________________________

"Gerard!!" Donald said coming down the stairs with a person behind him. Gerard's arm was looped across Frank's waist holding him close and they were both deep asleep.

The light flicked on, but the two sleeping boys were still unaware. "Gerard, Frank. Wake up, now." Donald said shaking the mattress. Gerard was the first tto wake up, he stretched his legs and sat up looking around, his hand still slightly restinf on Frank.

"What?" Gerard asked rubbing his eyes.

"Mr. Jason would like to speak to you." Donald said pointing at the cop beside him. Gerard nodded slowly.

"Where?" Gerard asked.

"That table seem good?" Jason asked pointing. Gerard nodded his head and Donald gave Gerard a narrow eyed look and then walked back out if the basement. Jason sat down and Gerard crawled across a sleeping Frank and padded across the room hesitantly.

Gerard sat down with his back to Frank and Jason across from him on the table with the ring of chairs. Gerard could faintly hear Frank snoring lightly.

"Who is he?" Jason asked curiously.

"My friend." Gerard answered almost inaudibly.

"You seemed rather...warmed up with him when we came down." Jason said. Gerard narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"So what." Gerard said crossly.

"Nevermind." Jason said raising his hands innocently. He had a pad of paper and a pen. "Your room is rather.. 'bright'." Jason said pointing at rhe darkness of Gerard's room.

"Yes." Gerard said nodding.

"Do you know why I'm here, Gerard?" Jason asked.

"Yes, because I was attacked twice and one if my attackers is dead." Gerard replied, he placed his hands on the table but quickly withdrew them when he realized he was in short sleeves.

"What happened to your arms? Did they do that to you?" Jason asked.

"Long story. But no." Gerard said looking down at his lap.

"Dod Bruce and Max torment you a lot?" Jason asked.

"Before Max graduated yes. Normally just Bruce." Gerard told him.

"You look pretty roughed up. Black and blue."

"Ya think?"

"We saw the security cameras, Gerard. We all know what you did."

"If i hadn't, I would have been dead."

"We know that. Mr. Way said you were a pacifist?"

"Yea."

"But you seemed to attack them well."

"You saw me, I went unconcious after."

"But you have a concussion."

"Yeah. And everytime I hurt someone I get sick."

"Who else have you hurt? Other than Bruce, Max, and...yourself?"

"I hurt one of my friends. A long time ago."

"Whuch one?"

"Bert."

"Last name?"

"McCracken."

"What did you do to him?"

"I almost killed him."

"How?"

"I dont want to talk about it."

"Gerard, you kind of have to. I need background information."

"I said no."

"Gerard."

"I SAID. NO."

"Okay, fine." Jason said with a sigh. Gerard couldnt hear Frank's snoring, only the deep breathing of the sleeping boy. Gerard sighed and ran his his fingers through his hair getting it out of his face. He was nervous, he had no idea what was going to happen.

"Well what do you need to know?" Gerard asked.

"Can I see the wounds where he shot you before yesterday?" Jason said. Gerard nodded and stood up, his body was shaking from the lack of Xanax chemicals in his system. His mind still felt dizzy, he gripped the edges of his shirt and pulled it off. He didn't have gauze on it anymore because he was just sleeping, he had to have gauze on when he went out though.

"Oh, wow. Twice?" Jason asked. Gerard nodded and Jason stood up he walked closer to Gerard and put a hand on his shoulder that was opposit of the wound. He turned Gerard so he could inspect the injuries. Gerard flinched away from his hand. "Why did they shoot you?"

"Because I fought back and beat up Bruce a few days before." Gerard answered.

"So they shot you?" Jason asked.

"They want me dead."

"What did you do to them to hate you?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"That's what they told me."

"Okay." Jason said. He continued asking questions after he sat back down and Gerard answered with the shortest answers he could. But then before Jason left, he looked at him. "Were you under the influence at any time?" Jason asked.

"When they shot me. I was." Gerard answered.

"with what?" Jason asked.

"I had been drinking and I took a lot of pills." Gerard said.

"Alright. Have a nice day, Gerard. Your school is canceled until further notice. I will call Donna or Donald eventually about the court date. Bye." Jason said. He clumped up the stairs and left.