13. What The Hell, Bert?!

A/N: just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who has been reading and commenting. Your guys' comments mean a lot to me :) and it makes me feel good about myself.

WARNING: The picture on the side is graphic and or triggering. Be warned before you peek. -Gerard

__________________________________

Two days later, Bert was sitting near the Hospital room doors. Mikey had told Bert that he could finally go see Gerard. Frank and Mikey had already left, but the two boys didn't want to crowd Gerard if he woke up. Bert decided he would go alone.

He hadn't seen Gerard since he found him in the bathroom harming himself. Jepha and Quinn would see him tomorrow, then Dan Ray and Bobert. But Bert wanted to go alone. To see his longtime friend.

He opened the door and looked inside the room. On the Hospital Bed was a pale as snow Gerard with his hair which was now clean splayed around the pillow. The boy had gauze all around his torso that was uncovered by the blankets. But he could see some more around his waist. His eyes were closed and he looked sound asleep. Bert closed the door.

"Hnm?" Gerard mumbled. Bert walked over to the bed and pulled up a chair and sat down.

"Gee?" Bert asked.

"Huhn?" Gerard replied opening his hazel eyes slightly and looking at him.

"How ya feeling?" Bert asked.

"Really fucking high." Gerard muttered, he had an IV drip in his hand to give him medications to dull the pain. Bert assumed it was powerful stuff.

"How much are they giving you?" Bert asked pointing to the IV thing.

"I have nooo idea. But its a lot" Gerard said with a weak smirk. "I'm sore though."

"really? I thought you'd feel fine." Bert said sarcastically. Gerard smirked and smacked Bert's arm with his good arm.

"Still sarcastic as ever eh, Rrrobert?" Gerard asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Cmon now, Geetard. Its Bert." Bert said giggling. "Yes I'm a sarcastic bitch, I know."

"Heh, sarcastic bitch. Ya got that right." Gerard said calmly. "I shouldn't have been going around late two nights ago. It wouldn't happened." Gerard mumbled.

"Gee, its not your fault. Wrong place at the wrong time." Bert said.

"Bruce wasn't at school that day.. he was following me." Gerard said, he looked at the ceiling.

"He shot you?" Bert asked.

"Max did..you remember Max don't you? Before he graduated he was the leader of the Crew. The....bear trainer." Gerard said he had his good arm still resting on Bert.

"He was in jail wasn't he?" Bert asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He seemed to have gotten out just in time." Gerard said. He looked back at Bert and poked his bicep.

"Hopefully Bruce goes back with him. God that bastard. I mean, why would he get his brother to fucking shoot you?" Bert asked crossing his arms.

"Haha, I love you Bert." Gerard said giggling. Bert looked at him and blinked, he then looked down at the scars On Gerard's arms. He remembered the first time he saw them, he had walked into Gerard's basement and it was during summer. Gerard was in cargo shorts looking for his medication in a box and was shirtless cause he had just gotten out of the shower. Bert had seen the cuts..but back then, there weren't so many.

Bert traced a few. They were tripled on his arm. Gerard looked at him with a poker face. "Do you, Gee?" Bert asked glancing up at him.

"Of course." Gerard said looking into Bert's eyes. It felt as if his hazel eyes were reading Bert's every thought and feeling on the spot. Gerard reached up with a hand going behind Bert's head and resting on the back of his neck, he pulled Bert gently close. Gerard pressed his lips against Bert's and tangled his fingers in Bert's hair so he couldn't pull away. Bert felt bats in his stomach. He was actually sober during this kiss.

"What the hell, Bert?!" Said Frank's voice as the door swung open.