Chapter 3 ~ Voice Of An Angel

Start from the beginning

"Much better," I grin victoriously. "Can we go now?"

-

"Get out Ash, I'm starving!"

"Geez, chill your balls buddy, I'm coming," she shakes her head as she gets out of the car.

After our usual tour, we decided to take my car and get breakfast at Betty's, a little diner we always go to. They just have the best pancakes and who doesn't love pancakes?

We walk into the small place and as we sit down in one of the booths, a friendly waitress takes our order which consists of a stack of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs and coffee. Betty's diner looks pretty much like those you see in every Hollywood movie. Black and white tiles that are laid out in a grid pattern, red leather booths and a long bar in the middle which takes up most of the space. On the walls all around the diner, which are painted a warm, beige color, are pictures of old Betty herself with celebrities who have visited her place over the years including Jim Carrey, Jennifer Aniston and even George Clooney. But the reason why I love this place so much is because the whole staff wears roller skates during their shift. You know, those cool retro ones from the 80's. It just adds to the atmosphere.

We sit in silence, waiting for our food to arrive, when Ashley suddenly has an idea. "We should do something fun tonight," she suggests, raising an eyebrow significantly.

"Like what?" I'm not sure if I want to know.

"There's this new club downtown, The Skye. Well, actually it's not really a club since it's on the rooftop of a hotel but it looks amazing and tonight they offer free drinks and live music. We should go check it out, it's Saturday and we haven't been partying in ages," she whines.

She's right, we could really use some fun and this definitely sounds like a lot of fun. "Okay then, I'll pick you up at eight. But don't be late," I warn her.

-

God, why do girls always take forever to get ready? It's just a night out, not the freaking fashion week!

"Ashley, hurry up! What on earth is taking you so long?" I yell up the stairs. I have a lot of good traits but patience isn't one of them. "Jeez calm down, I'm almost done!" I hear her yelling back.

After we had breakfast and I dropped Ashley off, I went back home to take a shower and study a bit before getting ready for the night and now here I am, walking around in Ashley's living room. After we graduated from high school, she moved in with her older sister Natalie.

You would think that forty-five minutes is enough to do your makeup and put on your dress but in that case, you definitely don't know my best friend.

Bored to death, I take a last look in the mirror. I decided to wear a white shirt, unbuttoned at the top, and rolled its sleeves up to my elbows. Then I combined it with black jeans and converse. A little amount of hairgel to style my hair up and I was ready to go. All in all, it took me ten minutes to get ready, not two hours.

A clacking sound causes me to turn around and finally I see Ashley walking down the stairs. She's wearing a black strapless dress, a short, golden chain necklace and matching heels. Her hair is curled and she has put on a decent amount of makeup but still enough for her green eyes to stand out even more. She looks smoking hot. Yes, I just totally said that about my best friend.

"Finally! What the hell were you doing up there for so long?" I complain. "Perfection needs time my old friend. Even God created the world in seven days," she just winks at me before walking out of the door.

Girls.

The ride to the club doesn't take long and before I know it, I'm parking right in front of a huge five star hotel.