Chapter 6

Sam's POV

........................................................

"Frank tell me we have a lead on this guy." I say as I walk through the door of Frank's office.

"Unfortunately nothing yet Sammy. What I'm worried about is if he strikes again and where he's going to do it."

"You think McNally was targeted?"

"That's what we're going with we're sending units to the hospital to make sure he doesn't try to kill her again. Speaking of which shouldn't you be there right now?"

"Yea I came to get information and get into my uniform and gun, if that's okay with you. I feel like if he does go to the hospital seeing a uniform in the room might make him think twice."

"Alright go get changed, and head to the hospital. Keep and eye out and be safe Sammy. Protect her for Tommy's sake."

"Of course Frank. With my life."

As I leave towards the locker room, I feel a rush of emotions overwhelm me. Lucky for me the locker room is empty. I can't help but think that if anything happens to Andy I would never be able to forgive myself. She's it for me. She's not going to get hurt again. Over my dead body.

Andy's POV

..........................................

I was watching daytime tv, which was totally boring to be honest, when Traci came in.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Better, that's for sure. The painkillers are definitely doing their magic."

"Do you want me to get you anything before Sam comes back?"

"No I'm good thank you. Where is Sam anyway?"

"He told me to come stay with you while he checks his spare room to make sure it's perfect for when you go to his house. Andy I need to tell you something but promise me you won't freak out okay?"

"Depends on what it is Traci. Are you and Steve official?!"

"No no no! Nothing like that Andy. This is important okay? We think your being targeted."

"What? How? Who did I piss off? Do we know for sure?!"

"Andy you need to calm down okay? We're doing everything we can right now. We're going to have officers taking shifts to stay with you, to keep you safe until your strong enough to go to Sam's. Then he'll stay with you. Hopefully, we would have found whoever did this by then."

I could feel the tears threatening to make an appearance again.

"Traci I'm scared. What did I do?"

"I know your scared honey but we are going to protect you okay? Your safe with us. Until we catch this guy, unless you see Sam, Dov, Chris, Gail, Oliver, me, or the doctor or nurse you recognize, scream. Someone is always going to either be in here with you, or right out that door. Okay?"

I swallow the bile that's rising in my throat.

"Yea..."

"Alright I'm going to go call Sam. I'll be right out the door if you need me okay?"

I nod and she leave. How could this happen? I know I'm a cop and I should be expecting this, but who could possibly be after me? All the people I arrested are either in jail or in some rehabilitation center. I need to see Sam. He can keep me safe. He always has before. Needing Sam was the last thing I thought before drifting off into a worry filled sleep.

Hey guys sorry I haven't update in a while. I've been crazy busy with family. Hope you guys like this chapter I know it's short but the next with will hopefully be longer. Next chapter is in the works already so I'll be updating soon! Thanks for reading!