tmr → twenty

the maze runnerchapter twenty

the maze runner
chapter twenty

❛❛ that gally guy, already hates me. he thinks everything is my fault ❜❜

————————————————

In the early morning, Poe woke up when the doors opened, he slept shortly after leaving the hut then slept through the night without any dreams or waking up in the middle of night. He slept pretty well. The pain in his ankle was pulsing as he set his feet down on the ground. First thing he thought of was Teresa. He wondered if she slept well, or if she's okay, or if she's awake already.

"Had a good sleep?" Newt was about to walk by but stopped in front of Poe.

"Surprisingly, yes" Poe nodded, he put on his boots, but slowly on the right one because of the pain. He's going to need better shoes because the boots he was wearing were pressing against the wound and it was bothering him. So he took the right boot off, "I think I need better shoes"

"You certainly do" Newt scratched his head as he gazed around, "all right, I'll go take a look around if there are any spares"

"You don't have to do that now"

"Oh no, it's fine" Newt shrugged, he was heading toward the forest where the map room was. "Be right back" Poe never took his eyes off of him until he disappeared into the woods.

Sometimes Poe thinks that Newt does too many things for him, he wish that there were many ways that he could repay the guy instead of saying 'Thank you'. Sometimes he wonders how he suddenly grew to care for Newt who once hated him. Poe does feel that he already knows Newt, even before they got to be friends, the sudden empathy came rushing to Poe for Newt. He feels he should know what happened to Newt, he knows the boy is never entirely honest about what happened to his leg.

"Hey" Anton trailed Poe off.

Poe turned to Anton who was sitting on his own hammock, putting on his shoes, "Hmm? What?"

Anton smirked as he tied his shoe laces, "I said, good morning, while you were seemingly lovey-dovey eying at the forest where Newt went"

"Lovey-dovey?" Poe gave him an odd look.

Anton, still smirking as he finished tying his eyes, stood up, "Never mind. Wanna come along to get breakfast?"

"I think I'm gonna wait for Newt to bring me a pair of shoes. This boot is killing me" He put his right boot down.

"Ah, your Prince Charming is fetching you a glass slipper, I see"

Poe wants to pretend he doesn't know that reference while he felt his face warming. "What?" He gave him a strange look again.