Chapter 1- Not such a sweet greeting

Connors Pov
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I walked up to the police department where I had just been dropped off at. Someone who worked at Cyberlife had told me to go inside this building and find a man name "Hank Anderson". Obviously, I obeyed my direct orders and walked inside, looking around to find the male. I heard someone yelling at someone, causing some discomfort and I turned around. Quickly, I scanned one of the men in front of me.
Name: Hank Anderson
Human
Hank, which I was told to refer to as lieutenant, had a scowl on his face as he stomped away from a man. He groaned dramatically, gazing at me after a few seconds. The second our eyes locked I felt
_____________________
-Software instability-
_____________________

My LED light turned yellow, slowly making its way back to blue. I had no idea what happened; but decided to shrug it off. "Hello, lieutenant. I am Connor the android sent by Cyberlife. I was assigned to be your partner in some deviancy cases."

Lieutenant seemed to not enjoy my small introduction, glaring at me. "Shut up you plastic prick." He growled, looking down at me since I was a few inches shorter than him. "I don't want to hear you speak to me unless it's for a stupid fucking case, alright?"

What he said took me off guard and my face dropped from it's normal emotionless stage. After a few seconds I regained my composure, nodding and following my orders. "Yes, lieutenant." I replied, looking at him blankly.

He looked a bit taken back. He must of thought that I would have said something rude back; which is something I tend not to do. What would he expect from a machine?

The lieutenant sat down at his desk, his eyes glued on the computer as he did. He glanced up at me, his eye brows raised. "Are you just going to stand there?" He asked in a tone that wasn't nice or rude. "Well, you haven't given me further instructions, lieutenant."

He rolled his eyes. "Just sit at that desk." He made a small hand gesture to a desk close to him, merely beside him. I nodded and sat down, getting to work and looking at some files. I would occasionally glance up at him from the computer. I wasn't sure exactly why I did it... it just happened. The third or fourth time I looked at him he looked back.

"Why the fuck do you keep looking at me." I opened my mouth, no words coming out. "Huh Connor?" He asked, waiting for an answer impatiently. "I- uh...." I struggled to find the right words to say. "Would you like some coffee, lieutenant?" That was the first thought that came to my mind.

He shrugged, rolling his eyes. "Sure, I guess." He looked back to his computer screen. "Alright!" I accidentally beamed, causing him to look at me confusingly. I giggled quietly, seeing how confused he was and because I wasn't sure where that excitement came from. The lieutenant blushed lightly, looking back at his screen.

Hanks Pov
======================

That damn fucking giggle. I was trying to just fucking ignore that plastic piece of crap before he giggled. It was so cute... wait what? I met this guy a few minutes ago and now I think his laugh is cute? No. It's fucking adorable. I blushed a light shade of pink before looking back at the computer screen. Connor stood up and walked over to the break room where the coffee maker was, leaving me alone with my thoughts. My fucking dreadful and annoying thoughts.

Connors Pov
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There was no one in the break room which I was sure why I was sort of happy about that... wait. Happy? No. I wasn't feeling anything. Quickly, I turned on the coffee maker, deciding to add one sugar to the coffee. I only added one because Hank wasn't so sweet himself so I wasn't going to add any sweetness to his drink either. I giggled to myself, grabbing the coffee and bringing it back to give to him.

"Here you go, lieutenant." He looked up from his computer, motioning for me to put it on his desk. I nodded, putting the coffee on his desk as he asked me to. "This is the first coffee I've made so I apologize in advance if it isn't up to your standards." He looked at me, shrugging and looking like he didn't really care.

He took a sip, a small smile tugging at his lips. "This is really good, Connor." He compliment him, making me smile and blush lightly. Even in the few hours that i had known the lieutenant, he didn't seem like a person that complimented someone often so I felt special that he complimented me.

______________________
Software instability
______________________

I got another warning. I'd have to check that out later.

___________

Hey! This is actually my first Detroit book that I'm writing! I hope you guys enjoy it💕