Friends? (Chapter 8, Broken)

(Yin's P.O.V)

We went back to the ship, since it was getting late. We ground bridged back, since you can't really drive up. Knockout brought me back to my room in Soundwave's office, and left. I laid down, staring up at the bottom of the desk. 'When will he get back..? Is he even still alive..?' All these different thoughts ran through my head, not letting me sleep. It was hard keeping my hopes up, since it was so long since he left. I tried my best to think of good things anyway. I hugged my pillow tightly, 'Lazerbeak would sleep with me every night.. now it's hard to fall asleep without him..' I buried my face in it, I could almost feel a tear run down my face. I stayed up for most of the night thinking of these things, but I fell asleep out of exhaustion.

                                                         The Next Day

I woke up suddenly to a lot of noise. I was a bit confused, and a bit scared. I climbed up the ladder and onto the desk. There, standing, was Soundwave. I gasped, "S-SOUNDWAVE!!" I yelled out, and he seemed startled by it. He looked at me like it was the first time he saw me. He kneeled down to me, took out a gun, and said seriously, "Question: How did you get here, human?" I was even more confused, what does he mean by that? "It's me.. Yin? The human you decided to keep?" Soundwave looked even more confused that I did. "Command: Get out." He said, it hurt when he said that. "Wh.. why  are you acting like this..?" I asked, my eyes getting watery.

'Statement: I would never keep a human such as you, Autobot spy." He suddenly grabbed me harshly from the table, and walked out the door. "S-Soundwave?! What are you doing?!" I yelled, where was Lazerbeak? Soundwave went to the deck, and transformed into his jet form. "W-where are you taking me?!" I struggled in the seat, trying to escape. He suddenly played that loud noise, the noise he used when he first took me to the ship. It wouldn't work this time, I kept kicking and screaming at him to let me explain. He wouldn't listen, he wouldn't even try to understand. What happened to him?

He landed in the middle of the desert, and transformed back into a mech. "Statement: Good riddance, human." He said, and let me go. I fell to the ground, wincing in pain. I quickly sat up, and stared at Soundwave turning around to leave. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" I yelled at him, I couldn't help it, I don't understand.. he stared at me one last time, before flying away, leaving me to my tears. "It's Yin.. my name is.. Yin.." I fell to my knees, this has to be a nightmare, right? "What did they do to you..?" I knew the Autobots did something. They will pay for this. I sat there, staring at the blue, cloudless sky for what felt like hours.

I heard a noise, it sounded like a car. I looked down the dirt road and saw a yellow and black camaro. "B... Bumblebee..?" I stood up, and it came to a stop next to me. The passenger door opened, and I slowly got in. He sped off, the car ride was silent. I can't believe this. "What did you do.. to Soundwave..?" I heard a few sad beeps come from Bumblebee, but I didn't understand. I waited until we got to the Autobot base for me to ask questions. When we got there, I almost tripped getting out so fast. I looked around frantically, this was a new base. New faces too. I was getting prepared to scream my head off, when Miko ran up to me.

"YINNNN!!! WE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!!" I guess Miko beat me to it. She hugged me tightly, but I didn't return it. I couldn't. It hurt too much. She let me go and looked at me up and down. "WHAT DID THOSE THINGS DO?? ANYTHING BAD??" It seemed she was checking for any injuries. "No." I answered plainly. She looked at me, and let out a sigh of relief. "Oh geez, I thought they brainwashed you. Since you act sooo... dead?" She said. I couldn't hold it in anymore, I started crying. "Uh, Yin? Are you sure they didn't hurt you??" She asked again looking at my face for any response.

I snapped. "NO. YOU, HURT, HIM." I yelled at her, and she stepped back. "Uh, hurt who??" I just couldn't hear any more of this. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO SOUNDWAVE?!" By now, everybody in the base was staring down at me, shocked. Optimus stepped in, "Yin, what do you mean by that?" He said. "SOUNDWAVE FORGOT ME, HE FORGOT EVERYTHING!! EVER SINCE YOU TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME-" I kept yelling and yelling, most of them couldn't even understand what I was saying. "BRING ME BAck to me.. please.." I just sunk down to the floor. Optimus offered to drive me home, and I nodded slowly.

We drove for a while in silence, before he decided to break it. "Yin, do you know what the Decepticons do exactly?" He asked, and I thought about it.  Come to think of it, Soundwave never told me anything about their plans. "I.. no I don't.." I reply, hesitantly. "Decepticons are here to destroy Earth as you know it, and recreate it for their own. Our planet has been gone for eons. Megatron is determined to turn Earth into something only for them. Everything on this Earth will die if he succeeds." I was speechless. I was even more hurt than before, if it was possible. The rest of the ride was silence, just the sound of the engine, and the road under us.

We got to my house, and I got out slowly. Optimus drove away, leaving me there. I walked up to the door, and knocked. My mother opened the door, and her face turned pale. We stared at each other for a few minutes, before she hugged me tightly. "OH HONEY, WHERE DID YOU GO?? YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOREVER!! MUFFIN, CMERE, YIN'S BACK!!" She called out to my brother, and he ran down the stairs as fast as lightning. They both pulled me into the living room, and and sat me down. The asked many questions, but I wouldn't listen. They brought me to the police, and they asked me even more questions, but I wouldn't listen.

I laid down on the couch, staring at the white ceiling. I thought about today, how everything happened. Is this the end of our story? No.. it can't be.. I can't let it end like this. I walked out the door, and onto the porch. I stared at the cloudless, night sky. I thought and thought, 'what is he doing now?', 'Is he happy?', 'Does he even love me..?' I couldn't help but think these sad thoughts. He's out there somewhere, without me. I recalled something he said, 'and I'll get to accompany you everywhere you go.' It made me smile, a bittersweet smile. The questions my family asked, I didn't answer, the questions the police asked me, I didn't answer.

                                                      I Couldn't Answer.