Metal Star

Now, you expected like, a toy soldier with tin foil around the arm. But no. You found a red star, metal, and you sighed. (You also nearly cut your finger off with the damn thing)

Bucky looked extremely confused at the star, and that look coasted into one of offense, then one of horror.

He had been chosen.

Tony, on the other hand, lit up like a friggin sparkler on the Fourth of July. "Y/N and Bucky! Get in there!"

Clint sighed and shook his head, saying, "Our ship has finally sailed."

"Don't get ahead of them," Tony muttered back.

You squinted your eyes at them. Then Tony smiled and grabbed you, pulling you off the couch.

When he went for Bucky, Bucky glared so hard at him Tony turned away in terror.

You tried not to laugh as both Clint and Tony pushed you into the closet, Bucky following and swatting at both of the pushers like a cat.

Tony shut the door with a wink, and that left the two of you in silence.

"Bucky, did you ever play this game back in the forties?" You dared to ask, breaking the silence.

Bucky leaned against the wall and shrugged. "I might've, I don't remember."

You nodded. "I'm sorry about that, you know."

He nodded as well, "Yeah, thanks doll."

You loved that nickname. That nickname, however, he seemed to use on any girl. The one he used all the time. But, still, it felt nice to be one of the girls.

Bucky had gotten a haircut, and your crush on him amplified. He seemed to notice, so every here and there he'd flirt a little with you.

He flirted with a lot of girls, but with you it seemed different. Even Tasha and Wanda were telling you he liked you. But bringing that up didn't seem very smart.

"Do you still blame yourself?" You whispered. As if that subject was any better.

He frowned at the floor. "How could I not?"

You gave a start, feeling very guilty for bringing it up. You couldn't help it though, it was a curious subject. "Well, I want to tell you that I think you're not the Winter Soldier. That wasn't you, that was a shell. That was someone to be used, and that's not you. You're completely different. You're Bucky Barnes, whom I've grown to know and love," you said very seriously, looking right at him.

However, until the last word, he'd been looking at the floor. But now he looked up. "Wait-love?"

You looked at the door. "Yup. Look, Bucky, I might have this tiny tiny," you were so understating things. "Crush? On you?" You finished in a questioning voice.

Bucky frowned a little. "Is that a question?"

Your eyes widened, still not looking at him. "Er...no? I mean, no. No it's not. Bucky Barnes, I have a crush on you," you were being pretty daring all the sudden.

You now looked up at him, also something daring at this moment, too see Bucky's expression had totally changed.

Now, he didn't give you much time to process the hungry state before he moved closer. "Y/N Y/L/N, I've had a 'crush' on you too."

You sighed. "Did you just air quote me?"

He licked his lips and smiled. "Yes, I did."

You shook your head, noticing the gap between you two was closing. "Uh..are you sure?"

He frowned. "Yes."

Your moment of bravery better not be over, you thought as you moved yet closer. "Well..that's good, so when I do this it won't be weird," you remarked as you got too close to back out.

As soon as lips met lips and noses brushed noses you realized this was way better then anything you'd ever dreamed of. Kissing Bucky Barnes. Now that's what you've always wanted...well...ever since you'd met him.

And right now you were slowly being lifted up the wall and to cloud nine simultaneously. Of course, when you take time to talk about feelings and blah, you end up wasting time.

And that's what you knew was going to happen soon, but for now you decided to focus on Bucky.

He pulled away for air and smiled at you.

You breathed in and licked your lips, smiling as well. "You're still a very good kisser Barnes."

He shrugged. "So are you."

He was eyeballing your lips. You didn't miss that, but teasing was something you liked to do. "Are we together now?" You asked innocently.

He looked into your eyes. "I suppose," he shrugged.

You laughed. "Yes or no Barnes."

He squinted his eyes at you. "Yes, and you're stalling."

You gasped. "Am I?" Before he could answer, you kissed him again.

Tony decided to slowly open the door this time. He gave you about ten seconds before, "Wow you two. You look like two seals fighting over a grape."

Clint shoved him. "Winter has a girlfriend now! Just like all the rest of you. What is it with this mud room? Is it magical or something?!"

Tony mimicked him as you sheepishly walked out past them.

Tony stood up and patted Bucky's shoulder.

Bucky looked ready to rip Tony's arm off to match his.

"She's a hot one, Barnes," Tony remarked as you shook your head at him. "Take good care of her, or Tony will try to take her from you," Clint said, and Bucky shrugged Tony away from him and followed you back to the couches.

He pinched your ass as you got there, and you let out a small squeak. Wanda gave you two a look. "Wow,"she muttered.

You felt hot as you sat down, watching Tasha pull out Tony's item. Tony looked mortified.