Chapter Twenty-Five

Guess who's back 😏

I'm still sitting against my door in the hallway when I end my phone call with Ian. Mainly because I'm just too lazy to get up. Ian said that he would come by to see me in a few minutes, so I guess I'll just stay put to wait for him.

Of course, Alexander is still on my mind. I don't know what he is sorry for but somehow all the pieces are starting to come together. I don't know what happened, but something tells me that it's not good news. Maybe Ian knows something.

Ian. Why did I even call him in the first place? I guess I just needed someone to talk to. It still shocks me that Ian was the first to come to my mind when I needed to talk to someone. But it was nice to talk to him again. He asked if he could come see me first, and obviously I said he could. He should be over here anytime now.

Just like that, I hear footsteps around the corner. I turn my head and smile when I see Ian walking towards me. He smiles back, quickening his pace a little. Without even questioning why I'm sitting in the hall, he sits right next to me.

"Hey." He says as he sits.

"Hi." I say.

He ruffles his slightly wet hair with his hands, making it look a lot messier and longer than it usually is. "So what's up?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "Nothing really."

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Really? Because you haven't talked to me in weeks and all of a sudden you call me up wanting to talk to me. What's going on?"

I sigh. "Nothing. Honestly. I'm just kind of stressing about Alexander and stuff and I just needed someone to talk to. I guess to just get my mind off of him for a little while."

Ian grins at me. "Why are you stressing over Alexander?"

I groan and lean my head back against the door. Where do I start?

"Well, he's just been acting really weird and I don't know why. And then today he says he's sorry for something that I don't even know about. So I don't know." I say. "Do you know anything about why he's acting so weird?"

Ian sighs before looking at me. His brown eyes are still kind and welcoming even though a frown is crossing his face. "Don't ask questions that you don't want the answers to." He says softly. I knit my eyebrows together in thought. I do want to know the answer to this.

"But I-"

"No, you don't. Trust me." Ian says with a weak smile.

"Why is everyone saying that?" I groan. "Why does everyone know what's going on with him except me?"

"Have you ever thought that it's best if you don't know?" Ian asks.

"I've heard that too." I mumble. Ian laughs at me. He cautiously sets his hand over mine but I yank it away and glare at him. "Boundaries. You have them." I hiss at him. He laughs once more before taking his hand away and staring across the hall.

"Maybe..." Ian says, trailing off. I look at him and gesture for him to go on. He sighs. "Maybe you're just wasting your time with him."

I scoff, and then feel myself get angry. What makes him think he can make that decision for me? If anything, I shouldn't have wasted my time on him. I stand up and slide the key card across my door. Ian stands too and has the expression on his face that he knows he said something wrong. Just as I'm about to close the door, he sticks his foot in the block it. I groan and open it and he grins at me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything." He says. I fake a smile at him. "What I was trying to say is that maybe this...thing that you have with Alexander is going nowhere. Maybe you should start seeing someone else. And just for the record, I'm never going to stop liking you."