Chapter Fifteen

My throat tightens and all I can do is stare at him. I open my mouth to say something to him but all that comes out is an awful choking noise.

I look at Jackie and see she is still staring open-mouthed at him. She's extremely pale; paler than usual. She turns her head back to me with her colorless face. "I-I should go." She stutters out. I shake my head in protest.

She literally sprints out the door, pushing him aside. The door slams and I'm left alone in the room with him. He walks up to where I'm sitting with a shocked smile on his face. This is really bad.

"You love me?" he repeats himself as if he's trying to process it. The thing is I don't want him to process it.

"Ian I-"

"You said you loved me." He says, continuing to smile. His smile is so big I'm afraid his face might crack. "I was just walking by to see if you were okay before I left for training and...wow."

Go away.

I just nod my head. I just want to scream at him "I wasn't talking about you!". But for some reason I can't. I feel sick to my stomach and pull my knees up to my chest.

"Well, I'm okay. Good luck at training." I tell him. He looks shocked and shakes his head.

"You can't just say you love me and then tell me to go away. It doesn't work like that." He says with a smile.

I wish it did.

"Ian I should probably-"

"Why didn't you tell me? Why'd you tell Jackie that you did and not me?" He asks.

I bite my lip and try to think of something to say. He really does think I was talking about him. Which is very understandable. If you have a boyfriend and you say you love somebody, it's obviously the boyfriend, right? Wrong.

Ian starts to say some stuff but I don't even listen to him. All I can think about is how messed up this situation is. It had to be Ian, didn't it? Out of all the guys here that I could have been the "girlfriend" of, it had to be Ian.

He can't possibly "love" me too, right? We've apparently been dating for like only a week. Stupid teenagers and their misinterpretations.

Ian keeps babbling on about something. Can he just leave and pretend this never happened? Why can't I just scream at him that I didn't even know we were dating?

"And I didn't even think you really liked me..." I hear him say. I feel bad for saying it, but oh God, I don't.

I hate myself right now. The guy I don't like thinks I'm in love with him and I can't tell him the truth. Something is just making it impossible to let him know. I feel so freaking bad. All Ian's done is try to be as sweet and nice as possible and what do I do? Fall in love with the guy who tried to kill him with a paintball gun.

Okay, maybe if I think of all the bad things about Alexander I can realize that he's not good for me. I know he's not good for me anyways...

I have to repeatedly nod my head so Ian thinks I'm listening to him. Bad things about Alexander...Well he's crazy. There's one. He's a jerk. He has a really bad temper. Yeah this isn't working like I thought it would.

My thoughts are interrupted when Ian puts his hand over mine. Ew. Take it off. I try to move my hand but I just can't bring myself to do it. Why did it have to be Ian? I force a weak smile and look at the clock. Thank goodness he has ten minutes before he leaves for training.

"I can stay here instead of going to training today. Your ankle is still pretty messed up. Don't want you hurting it again." He tells me.

"No go to training." I say while shaking my head. "I'm fine. I swear."

"Are you sure?" he asks. "Isabelle, I don't think that's-"

"I'm fine. Go to training. Please?" I beg. He sighs.

"Fine." He says.

There's a loud banging on the door before it swings open. Alexander stands in the doorway with my room key in his hand. Where is everyone getting keys to my room? He glares from me to Ian and Ian stands up.

"Is your ankle okay?" he asks me, his voice full of concern.

I smile at him. "Yeah, it's fine." I say. Now I'm really feeling sick.

Alexander nods and glares at Ian. "Come on, Nelson. You have weights to lift." He spits out.

Ian walks over to the door, Alexander not taking his glare off of him.

"Bye Isabelle." Ian says with a grin. "I, uh, love you too?"

No. Nope. Stop where you are, Ian Nelson.

Alexander literally has to push Ian out the door. The look on his face is almost unreadable. Hurt, maybe? The door slams without either of them saying anything else and I'm left alone again.

I can only imagine the things Alexander is telling Ian. The bad thing is I told Ian a while back not to listen to anything he says. Why did Ian even say that? We've been dating for a week.

My phone starts ringing and I'm relieved to see it's Jackie. I pick it up on the first ring.

"What's up with Ian? He's way too happy right now." Jackie says.

"He still thinks I was talking about him." I whine. "Help."

"Did he say that he-"

"Yes!" I cut her off.

"This isn't good..." she says. "Why didn't you just tell him?"

"I don't know!" I groan. "I'm dumb!"

"Little bit." Jackie says. I can hear Jack's voice yelling unintelligible things in the background "I uh, have to go."

"What? Jackie, this is a big problem!" I yell into the phone.

"Yeah tell me about it. Your boyfriend just tried to beat the hell out of Alexander. Bye." She says.

"Wha-" the line cuts off right when I start to hear screaming in the background. "Damn it!" I yell, throwing my phone across the room.

Hiii. My app is messing up so I'm unable to reply to your comments but thank you so much they're all so sweet :) to all of my readers/voters/commenters, you guys are the best :) thank you so much! I hope this chapter was alright...sorry to end it like that lol