‘Here we are,’ Chris said and let go of my hand to push open the door in front of us. It opened up to an extremely dark room.

Like, the walls were back, the bed was black, the carpet was black. It was like a bat cave.

Wow, Christopher must be Batman! Like Christian Bale!

They’re names are almost the same. He must be Batman.

In the corner of the room was one of the brightest splashes of color- a white electric guitar that was still connected to an amp. My face stretched out into a big grin as I looked around, realizing that the whole room was plastered with posters of my favorite bands. The biggest one was of the Beatles’ Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, the brightness of it instantly drawing my eyes to it.

‘Rebellious teenage-hood?’ I guessed.

‘Well, more like rebellious one hundred to three hundred years old… hood.’ He smiled at me, looking embarrassed. I just shrugged and collapsed onto the dark silk sheets.

‘So… You were a gothic vampire that played guitar and listened to the Beatles?’

‘The guitar and the Beatles came in the sixties, but yeah.’

‘Wow, you were alive in the sixties? You really are a pedophile,’ I mused. ‘And I’m a gold-digger. That’s interesting. Do you have a time machine? I want to see what you were like in the sixties. Were you a hippie? I love hippies…’

‘I-’

‘I wish I was a hippie,’ I continued and crawled back so I was laying against the pillows. ‘I would be if I didn’t have to wear that damn uniform. You know what? I still have time. I’m going to be a hippie from now on. Bye, bye bra!’

‘Milee,’ Christopher protested as I yanked that uncomfortable underwear out from under my shirt and chucked it so it landed on his guitar. ‘Tayla could wake up any minute.’

I looked over to see her sleeping on his shoulder. ‘Well, take her to her room then. You know she gets annoyed when we get her to sleep with us. She’s a ‘big girl’ now.’

‘I don’t trust you to be left alone in my room…’ he muttered to himself.

‘Well, my shirt’s coming off next so you might want to get her innocent eyes out of here!’

‘Milee!’

‘Byyyyyyyye Chris!’

With an annoyed grunt, he left the room and I took off my clothes. Searching through the chest of drawers near the only window in the room, I pulled out a faded shirt that looked like it must have been from the seventies (the sequins were a dead give away). Even though I really wanted to wear it, I settled with a band tee that seemed a million years old. There was even a hole on the bottom of it.

The t-shirt ended just after my bum and I climbed into the bed, yawning loudly. I stretched out like a cat and wiggled around a bit.

‘CHRISTOPHER EDWARD ANTHONEY NYX!’ someone screamed.

‘AAAAH!’ I cried and jolted up, getting twisted in the covers. ‘Oh crap…’

Ignoring whoever came in, I tried to get the sheet to stop strangling my legs. I wasn’t budging.

‘Come on,’ I whined. ‘Stupid frog eating sheet…’

I twisted to the side to see if it’d dislodge me, but only managed to fall off the bed. All the pillows came down with me. They landed on top of me and managed to pin me flat on the ground. How many freaking pillows did Christopher have on his bed?