Chapter Nine

**Warning, there is sexual material in this chapter.

9. WHEN CHRISTOPHER GOES INSANE BECAUSE OF SEX

Christopher wouldn’t let me out of his arms. For ages I wiggled around pointlessly, trying to escape his iron hold but it was impossible. I even attempted to do that cool maneuver were you lift your feet off the ground and hit your attackers in the head. In the end, I hit the vampire chick in the face and made her try to kill me. Again. So Christopher went crazy- again- and tried to bite her fingers off.

            Let’s just say he’d turned into one of those territorial octopuses in the short span of ten minutes while we were waiting for the king to arrive. When he did grace us with his presence, he took one look at his crazy, rabies-infested son and sighed loudly.

            It was like this sort of stuff happened everyday or something.

           Perfectly sane vampires don’t turn into insane octopuses everyday. Not even every two days. Not even a fortnight!

            “I knew something like this was bound to happen,” King Edward said, a bored expression on his face. “How many times did I warn you about biting your mate before you completed the process, Christopher? I told you something bad would happen! But nooo, you just had to go and drink from her didn’t you? And now you’re like a giant earthworm with no mud and leaves to tunnel around in. Completely useless and crazy-”

            “Honestly Edward!” the queen interrupted. “Please get on with it and explain to poor Dahlia why Christopher is acting so strange, the poor girl must be heartbroken!”

            And what was I? Chopped liver?

            No. I was chopped garlic, judging by the scathing glare Queen Madeleine had on her face when she looked at me.

            “I was getting to that, my lovely,” her husband replied. “You always ruin my theatrics. How am I supposed to entertain myself?”

            The queen now directed her glare at him, and he visibly blanched.

            “You see, Dahlia,” she said smugly, “that every king has a smart and beautiful queen to shape them in the background. This is something you should always remember when you are crowned.”

            Say what? This Dahlia- the vampire chick- was going to be queen? But I thought Christopher was going to fill in that role?

            Wait no. Christopher is a dude. He’d be king.

            Still, that doesn’t explain how the vampire chick could be queen!

            “Maddie,” King Edward said sternly, “that is enough about this queen business. I will not stand idle as you choose our son’s wife for that is his decision alone. Are we clear?”

         Christopher growled loudly in agreement while squishing me impossibly closer. The queen glared at me, like it was my fault she just got told by her husband. I didn’t back down, though, and stared her right back in the eyes.

            “Now-”

       “You disrespectful slag!” Queen Madeleine interrupted, again, and launched herself at me. I flinched back and Christopher let out a terrifying roar, pushing me behind him and baring his fangs at his own mother.