Chapter 12: Sides

Munch munch munch.

That's all I hear from miss loud mouth over here. You'd think a girl like her would chew with her mouth close, especially in the movie theater, but you thought wrong. She's chewing as if she has that dentist tool that keeps your mouth open. God, I wanted to just take a handful of that popcorn, shove it in her mouth, and hold her jaw close.

"You okay?" Connor whispers over to me. I snap at out my thoughts and turn my head toward him.

"Oh yeah why?" I question.

"You seem distracted. Do you even know what has been happening in the movie?" he asks. I turn toward the big screen and see a woman taking care of a guy in a wheel chair. I look back at Connor and sheepishly shake my head no.

"Okay how bout this. I'm going to go to the restroom and on my way back, I get you some more candy to lighten up your mood a bit?" he smiles as he puts his hand on my knee and squeezes. I grin and nod vigorously.

"Alright. I'll be right back." He gives my knee one last squeeze before getting up and leaving the theater, the hotness of his hand lingering on my knee. I sit back with the smile still on my face and actually pay attention to the movie this time. This movie is pretty cute if I'm going to be honest. I get confused when it gets to a scene where a guy is running on a track and the same lady that helped the guy in the wheel chair was running beside him.

My focus is cut when Maddie gets up from her seat and begins to walk out of the theater. Thank the lord. Miss Piggy has left the building. Then I begin to wonder why Connor is taking so long. It's been almost 10 minutes already and so I get up from my seat to go look for him before he misses more of the movie. Plus, he was the reason why we were going to see a movie in the first place.

"Where are you going?" Felix asks under a whisper as he takes hold of my wrist. His touch is warm. The familiar kind of warmth.

"Going to look for Connor," I respond and pull my wrist out of his grip. I walk out of the theater as quickly and quietly as possible, knowing the people behind us are probably annoyed with all the people getting up. I walk down the hall and my ears perk up to the sound of another pair of footsteps behind me. I turn around abruptly to have Felix bump into me.

"Why are you following me?" I glare at him.

"Hey, my date also left the theater. It's not about you," he remarks. I'm taken aback by his snap, but quickly regain my posture. I turn back around and walk towards the snack area, the footsteps resuming behind me.

"When did you and that guy even become a thing?" Felix asks out of no where.

"First of all, his name is Connor. Second, we aren't a thing. We're... boyfriend and girlfriend." Are we? He did ask me out, but does that mean we're boyfriend and girlfriend? Do we claim that label after he first asks me out? I think so. Maybe...

"You hesitated," Felix points out.

"I did not," I cross my arms over my chest.

"Did, too," Felix walks faster to walk beside me rather than behind me.

"Why do you want to know anyway?" Why is he being so nosy. My love life is none of his concern. Besides, he has one of his own to worry about.

Before he has time to answer, I stop him in his tracks with my hand as my eyes land on something absolutely horrendous. Felix follows the direction of my eyes and he immediately furrows his eyebrows and clenches his fist. I copy his actions and both of us begin to walk toward the scene. Connor and Maddie stand in front of the snack bar, standing closer to each other than what I would allow. Connor's back is toward us while Maddie is facing us. She is clearly trying to steal my man!... Again! I will not let this happen. Not again.