Chapter 2: Connor...

*Last night's text*

To: Le Stupido (Kayla)
Wassuppppp c:

From: Le Stupido
Yo

To: Le Stupido
I'm bored....

From: Le Stupido
Go to sleep xD It's already 10:30

To: Le Stupido
But I don't want toooo.

From: Le Stupido
You're so stubborn. Go to sleep you twat xD

To: Le Stupido
I am stubborn. So no xD... Actually fine. I'm tired of being bored anyway. Goodnight.

From: Le Stupido
Lmao goodnight. Hope you dream of unicorns and rainbows!... and the boy on the bus xD

To: Le Stupido
Shut up xD

***

My alarm goes off again, signaling the start of another day and the second day of school.

"I really should change the alarm sound... Taylor swift is just not working out." I mutter under my breath.

I drag my feet out from under the covers and get up to change. I change into a red plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black ripped skinny jeans, and my black converse. I take care of the hair and face disaster in the bathroom and put my already prepared backpack on. I slip my phone into my back pocket and head down stairs. I slip into the kitchen and grab a small bag of Doritos.

"That's not breakfast Alanis." My mom calls out just as I'm about to leave the kitchen.

"Don't worry. I'll eat at school." I call back and head out the door. I feel like the air is too intense with my dad. I don't want to be in there for a long time. Especially in the morning.

I get to the bus stop and open my back of chips. I start eating it as I wait. Soon, Kayla arrives.

"What is that?" she asks, pointing at my chips.

"Doritos. Want some?" I hold the bag out.

"Sure. Thanks." She takes a couple chips.

"No problem." With that said, the bus stops in front of us and we head in.

"Alanis!" I hear my name and I search the faces of the people. I spot Connor at the very back of the bus with an open seat next to him.

"Would you look at that. He saved you a seat." Kayla nudges me on the back.

"Oh my god. Shut up. I'm sitting with you anyway." I blush. Luckily she can't see it since she's behind me.

"Don't worry about it. I'll sit next to you, just on the other side." she pushed me forward.

"Stop pushing me." I start walking.

"You were just standing there." she follows behind me.

"Well sorry." That ends our stupid little argument there. I take a seat next to Connor as Kayla takes the seat next to me on the other side.

"Hey Connor." I gladly greet.

"Good morning Alanis." he replies.

"Morning." I give him a warm smile. There was a small awkward silence until he broke it.

"So how was your first day of school?" he asks as the bus began moving.

"It wasn't that bad. I'm actually excited for this year." I chew on the inside of my lip as I put my backpack on the ground beside me.

"And what year of high school are in you?" he gives me a weird look.

"Sophomore." I answer and he gives a small nod.