Chapter Twenty-Five: Whoopsie Daisy

It had been two weeks since Louis and I officially were back together and officially became official. School started again. As soon as I could, I changed out of Mr. Wright’s eighth period class and into a Mrs. Weber’s class, which was much nicer than Mr. Wright’s class had ever been. My mother and I had made a deal to not bring up ‘Mr. Wright assaulting me’ so we wouldn’t have to deal with a bunch of meetings and problems with the school that could ultimately lead to someone’s job loss. I couldn’t have agreed more. While I hated Mr. Wright and how he made Louis and me his business from the beginning and would like nothing more than to see him gone for good, he was officially out of my life and I was ready to get this little obstacle over with and focus on more important things like my relationship with Louis.

Tonight, my mother had invited Al over. They both had their day off on the same day, which was a little strange and over planned on Al’s part, so they decided to spend the day at the Styles-Cox residence. It was fine on my part.

I had told mom to go ahead and have a small date-like-thing with Al tonight, seeing as I had a lot of homework. I told her I would spend the rest of the night in my room so the two of them could be alone, but not too alone because I would still be in the house and I didn’t need to be scarred yet again by nasty parenting. My mother only agreed to let me stay locked up in my room because I had begged her just to have a good night while I struggled with homework. But, being my normal good-child self, I finished all of my weekend’s homework on the first day of the weekend which meant I would be in my room doing nothing rather than homework.

While my mom came in to my room earlier in the day to ask which dress she should wear for tonight, I told her about my homework dilemma. Luckily, at the most perfect moment, my phone buzzed and my boyfriend had texted and asked for me to come over later. I feel as if he saw the future (like had a That’s So Louis moment) and knew that I needed a little help getting my mother alone time for later tonight.  I immediately texted back and told him yes and then reported the news to my mother, who said something about Louis always coming to my rescue and then walked back to her room to finish getting ready.

As soon as she had left and closed the door behind her, I jumped up from where I was seated and ran to my bathroom so I could shower and brush my teeth (again) and ultimately get ready to go to Louis’ house. I wanted to look good for Louis nowadays, due to the fact that we were in a relationship and you always need to look good in a relationship (until you’re married; then you can let yourself go). I didn’t want to dress too well because I didn’t know were my clothes were actually going to end up tonight considering the fact that being official means you do it all the time, but I didn’t want to wear anything too plain either. In the end, I wore a pair of dark skinny jeans (but not so skinny that it takes an entire fire squad to help me escape them) and a ‘5 Seconds of Summer’ t-shirt of Louis’.

Then, all I had to do was wait for Al to come over so I could make sure everything was okay with my mother before I left. I didn’t want her to be alone with Al if she didn’t want to be. Judging by the way she reacted when he did eventually arrive, she was more than fine to be alone with him. So, I shook hands with the man and warned him that if he hurt my mother again and put her through what he put her though last time I would take no mercy. He patted my shoulder and agreed that I shouldn’t take mercy on him if he were to ever hurt her again, and that I shouldn’t have the first time.

I gave my mom a quick kiss on her cheek, saying goodbye to Al and sending him ‘the look’ one last time, before walking out of the front door and cutting through the yard to Louis’ house. I was excited to see him again, even though we saw each other all of the time, and couldn’t wait to get to his house.