26

"You did what?!" I yelled at Lisette with wide eyes as she paced up an down her room.

"I know, I know, I know, it was stupid but I wasn't even thinking." She hurriedly said, scratching at her writs. She had a really bad habit of doing that when something went wrong. I adapted that from her around the age of 7 when I first got into trouble with Pa.

"How do you not think when you kiss someone? Especially when it's not Cj?" I asked, looking a bit dumbfounded.

"He kissed me!" She said, stomping one foot on the ground.

"And you didn't kiss back?" I asked, crossing my arms and leaning back on her headboard.

She just stopped walking and sat on the bed, pouting. I looked at her with a bit of sympathy, I knew she tried to hold her composure, Rakim was hot.

"Are you going to tell Cj-"

"Fuck no!" She said, looking at me with wide eyes.

"You're going to have to Lisette." I said, trying to convince her.

"Or what, you will?" She asked, challenging me.

"Yo, don't fucking start with me, I'm trying to help your ass out. It's better off telling him that Rakim just came onto you but nothing happened. Would you like to tell him the details?" I asked a bit harshly, sitting up.

She stayed silent.

"Oh okay." I said, scoffing and going back to my regular position.

"I'm just scared, I don't want to lose him, I've been happy." She said, slouching a little.

"Listen, Lisette, you're a beautiful girl, and you're also a person, I know you made a mistake, and he'll be fine, if you do what I said, he can't get mad."

"Because I'm not telling him the truth."

"No, you are, just not the whole thing." I said, shrugging.

Now pause, don't get me wrong, I want absolutely no one, and I mean no one to take my advice. I'm only telling her this because both she and Cj act the fucking same, so they'll both be depressed and trying to ask me what each other is doing/saying and I don't have time for it.

I got up after giving her some pep talk to call him, when she did, I walked out of the room and close the door, going to downstairs to sit with my dad on the couch.

"Hey, Pa." I said smiling and sitting next to him. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and reclined his chair. It was six o' clock I think, so he was watching some murder show on investigation discovery.

My mother was upstairs and he was also down here with a pillow and a blanket, so I eyed him weirdly, then bluntly asking him why he brought those things down here.

"Your mother and I got into another fight." He said in a low and annoyed tone, rubbing his bald head.

"Over what?" I asked.

"Nonsense, she just doesn't fucking listen to me when I speak-"

"You don't fucking listen!" My mom yelled from up the staircase.

"How do I not listen? I listen to everything!" He yelled back, not as loud though, keeping his eyes on the t.v.

"I tell you all the time to not put things in certain places and you do anyway." She yelled back, still standing at the top of the staircase.

They are arguing over nonsense, but even if it is just nonsense, I don't like arguing, especially between them.

"How about we just not argue?" I asked and pleaded at the same time.