Jake's news

Kara's P.O.V:

Jake was coming over today! He told us that he had good news for us, I'm really excited to find out what it is. I got out of bed throwing a shirt over myself since I sleep in my sports bra and spanx. I go downstairs, texting Grace. I'm pretty sure that we were never caught, which is good, but, if they don't ask about the party then I won't tell about the partying, the underage drinking, sneaking around, and lying.

I hear the door open. I got really excited because I thought it was my older brother, but no. Yet, this was my younger brother. I sigh.

"What could I have possibly done now to make you mad, Queen?" He asks sarcastically. Boi, this boy about to be punched, I'm telling you.

"You walked in. I thought it was Jake." I say.

"Jake's coming?" He questioned.

"Duh, that's why I'm really excited. He has some news to tell us." I inform us.

"What kind of news?" He asked.

"Kaleb, I don't know! Now, shut up, go somewhere, and leave me alone." I say, clearly getting annoyed. Just then the door opens and it's dad.

"Come on people!" I say loudly.

"What?" Dad asked.

"I'm waiting for Jake to come home." I say.

"Okay, but you don't need to be rude about it. You need to patiently wait for him. Not be aggressive." Dad said.

"Yes sir." I say. Once he walks away I roll my eyes as Kaleb was silently laughing. The front door opened and Jake walked in!

"Jake!" I yell. I gave him a huge hug. I was so excited to see him and see what he had to say. Freaking yeet, yo. I'm excited!

"Jake!" Jenna yelled as she ran down the steps.

"No running, Jenna, you could get hurt." My Mom corrected her.

"Yes ma'am." Jenna said. She hugged him as well. Freaking copy-cat. Kaleb hugged him too. Dad gave him a hug saying "It's good to see you again." Mom gave him lots of hugs.

"Let's go sit and see what Jake's news is!" I say. I couldn't wait. We went into the living room and I sat next to Jake. Who cares about where everyone else sat, as long as you know where I sat, you're good to go. ;)

"So, guys. I've been seeing this girl for four years, I purposed to her on our four year anniversary, so I'm engaged!" Jake said.

"Very good! I'm proud of you!" Dad said.

"Grand babies! Ahh! This is so amazing!" Mom said.

"Another girl in your life? What? I object!" I say, getting a tad bit jealous that I just can't have him as my brother. Jake and I are really close. Everyone knows that. When Jenna was born I got mad because Jake had two girls in his life.

"Sweet!" Jenna and Kaleb said together.

"So when can we meet her?" I asked.