chapter seven

carly's pov

It's been almost a day since I've spoke to Chandler, in person.

I sighed as I brushed my long, white-blonde hair. I'd just finished doing my makeup, and I have quite the spare time to finish up before school today.

I've dreaded at the thought of going to school, simply because all my problems lie there. Everything will come back to me, and Chandler of course.

It was obvious that Brianna and Chandler are over. Everyone knew so, and I could never put my finger on why it was such a big deal. I know I did some shit and all, but now the whole school is confused and talking.

Breaking my thoughts, my phone goes off. I'm getting a call from an unknown number. I quickly answer it, for it's only 7:30 am.

"Hello?"

"Good morning," an all too familiar voice said at the other end of the phone.

"Chandler?" I said in confusion.

"Be ready in 10 minutes, I'm taking you out for breakfast," he said, and I couldn't process anything.

"What, um, oka-"

"See you soon," he stated, hanging up.

My heart immediately raced. I didn't think this would honestly go this far, why was I so dumb enough to lie in the first place? Today's going to be eventful, I supposed.

Minutes went by and I was already in Chandler's car. It was quite nice, honestly. He was such a gentlemen.

"Are you feeling better?" I questioned Chandler, just wanting an update on his well being.

"Getting there, just a bit of pain. But are you feeling okay?" he said, with a small smirk. The type of caring attitude he had was genuine. He was such a good person.

"Yeah, thanks." I grinned and felt my cheeks feel hot. I wasn't embarrassed, I'd just hadn't noticed how much of a good boyfriend he was.

We both enjoyed the car ride and listened to music, and he never failed to make me have butterflies or feel good. Silence wasn't awkward, it was embracing each other's company.

"How was your sleep?" he asked politely.

Crazy, I thought.

"It was pretty good," I lied, "and yours?"

"Not too bad," he replied, turning into a parking lot for a restaurant.

"Turns out, I broke my phone," Chandler chuckled, and that's my answer to why he called me from an unknown number this morning.

"That sucks," I grinned, "what happened?"

"I dropped it, once, and it didn't turn back on," he explained, finishing his coffee, "so eventually I'll have to get a new one."

I mentally sighed in pure relief, surely but slowly, things were coming together.

"Well now you can upgrade phones, I guess," I said with a small smile. Chandler's eyes were nothing but innocent and mysterious, something I learned to adore about him.