Ex Bestfriend

Jennie pov~

I drove to Taehyung's house wondering whether he was actually going to do work or just sit around and do nothing. He's been really unpredictable lately. One day he's a big playboy the next he's a really nice person.

I'll admit, I do still worry about him because of what happened in the past. He's gone through a lot of pain, but how can he forget me like that. I'll never understand him. All the things I went through with him when we were younger. How can you forget your own bestfriend. He's changed so much since I left.

I walked up to his front door wondering who would open it. Mingyu or a member of BTS or even Taehyung himself. I was hoping it would be a member of his group, it would assure me that someone else  would be home so nothing bad happens. If Mingyu is home I might end up being all shady because of what happened today.

As I started to take in deep breaths of air, the front door opened revealing a tired looking Taehyung.

"Oh Jennie... You're here! Sorry I look a mess, I was sleeping." He smiled weakly. I analysed him looking up and down, and my heart sank as I saw how tired he looked.

Has he been getting enough sleep? Why does he look so restless? Is he okay?

These questions started to fill my head as he led me into the living room. His house was quite big, at least bigger than an average persons house in Korea. I'm guessing that all of this was bought through Taehyung and Mingyu's money.

Taehyung had stood up and went somewhere leaving me alone on the couch. I didn't know where he went but I didn't want to seem like I was worried (even though I was).

I decided to start getting things ready so I took out my laptop, notebook and pen. I didn't really need anything other than that. After all, we were just studying.

I took my phone out and started to look through instagram as Taehyung still hadn't come back. I was scrolling when I found Taehyung's account. I decided to be nosy and went through his feed. Pictures of him, BTS, his brother. If I'm honest, I thought there would be pictures of girls but not one female seemed to be on his account, not even Sana.

I was looking through more photos when Taehyung walked in with wet hair. He must've had a shower. My mouth opened at the sight of him. He looked so good and I wasn't going to deny it. However he still looked tired which then made me worry yet again.

Gosh, why am I so worried?

A few seconds had passed and I realised my mouth was still hanging when Taehyung smiled and said "Should we start working?". I snapped back to reality and nodded whilst preparing to start working on our project.

Taehyung pov~

It had been around two hours since me and Jennie started working on this project and so far, things had been going well. We discussed a lot of things and she often smiled and laughed, which I never thought would happen this quickly.

I decided to change my approach as I wanted her to realise that I do care. I don't know what it is about her but she makes me feel all kinds of emotions when I'm with her. I feel happy, anxious, curious and jealous all at once. She's like a drug I'm willing to take.

Whilst I was thinking to myself, I looked down at the table and saw Jennie sleeping peacefully with her hair in her face. I took my hand and moved her hair out of the way revealing all of her beautiful features. Eyes, nose, lips,eyelashes, eyebrows... They're all perfect.

I was gazing at her when a thought by  hit me. Why is it that whenever I see her sleeping, it's on a table? I giggled to myself whilst looking at her in admiration. She looked so peaceful, as if she didn't have a care in the world.

I didn't want to disturb her or wake her up, so I went to go get a blanket. I came back and carried her bridal style to the guest room. She wasn't that heavy but my heart was beating fast for some reason and I started to get sweaty.  I covered her with a blanket and went to the door. I looked back one last time before leaving.

"Goodnight Jennie."

I went back downstairs and cleared up the mess on the table. I put Jennie's laptop in her bag when I saw a picture that captured my eye. I grabbed the photo and was shocked to see... Me?

I looked closer and it was me next to a girl, I tried remembering her name and it hit me. That girl was my childhood bestfriend, Nini. We'll that's what I called her anyway.

I started to wonder why Jennie had this picture when a realisation kicked in.

Jennie... Nini.

Third person pov~

*Flashback*

"Hya Taetae, come catch me oppa!"
"Arraseo, I'm coming to get you!".

Two children were playing tag happily not caring about anything but eachother. No child was happier than these two because they were together and all their troubles they went through together guiding eachother as they grew up slowly.

"Hahaha, Nini! I got you! Now you must face your punishment!" The older boy shouted happily.
"Aniyo, I wasn't ready! And you're way too fast oppa. You're faster than a cheetah!" As the little girl was complaining the older boy leaned towards her and kissed her cheek.
"Nini, let's be together forever okay? Let's be bestfriends no matter what!" The seven year old exclaimed happily whilst the petite sized girl was blushing. She started to look sad after a while.

"Oppa, I'm leaving soon. Eomma says I have to go to New Zealand because appa has work there. Mianhe. I'll come back one day! I promise"

"Jennie, it's time for dinner! Hurry up before your food gets cold!"

"Goodbye, Taetae oppa."

...

*End flashback*

Taehyung pov~

So Nini is Jennie and she's back from New Zealand. That's why I felt something about her. I'm such a bad friend for not recognising her, but is it really my fault if she never contacted me. She looks so different, how was I meant to know it was her.

Either way, I'm never letting her go away again. We'll be bestfriends once again. It'll be Taetae and Nini back together again, me and her against the world, and I won't let anyone or anything hurt her.