Chapter Seven: I want to be special

A/N: so this is just a nice chapter for you guys, which actually reveals some answers to some questions I BET some of you thought while reading this fanfic. Enjoy! 💋
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Previously on By The Water:
Matthew and Stephanie have made a huge progress on their way of getting rid of Matthew's aquaphobia, but Matthew's still not satisfied. While trying to go to the beach and finish the process on his own, manages to get himself to drown. What will happen next?
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
It was now 7:30 AM at the "magical residence", as Stephanie wakes up to the sound of walking around and talking. She opened her eyes slowly, to see the other girls in the room getting ready for school. Sometimes it was hard for her to forget that they had a normal school day, while she has to spend her time at home.

Well, at least she had Matthew to spend the time with.

Matthew. Just the thought of his name brought a huge smile to her face. Yesterday they made a huge progress. It might not seem like much, but he was in the pool, with water surrounding his m from every side but he still did it. He was amazing. And she was so proud. A smile made it's way to her face unknowingly again.

Too happy to go back to sleep, Stephanie rose from her bed. "Good morning." Maria and jasmine said in unison, and Stephanie gladly returned the favor. "We were just on our way to eat breakfast, come with us," Maria suggested and Stephanie did not oppose.

They left their room, just when Theo and Juan left the boy's room. "Good morning guys!" Stephanie greeted with a smile and they greeted back. "Um, where is Matthew?" She asked with a frown. "I don't know, he wasn't in the room when we woke up," Theo said, and Stephanie could not help but get slightly worried. "Don't worry, he probably went for a walk or something and he'll be back soon," Jasmine said with a kind smile and Stephanie could feel herself calling down. "You're probably right. Now let's go to eat, I'm hungry!" She said and the other couldn't agree more.

They walked into the kitchen, that was already filled with the rest of the residence,  getting food on their plates and trying to find a place to sit. Feeling super hungry, Stephanie went towards the fridge to get herself some milk for her cereal, when suddenly her phone rang.

The caller ID showed "Matthew", and Stephanie couldn't help but smile in relief. She quickly answered the phone.
"Hello?"
"Um, are you Stephanie?"
"Y-yeah, who is it?" "And why the hell is he calling from Matthew's phone."
"Um, look there was an incident...the phone owner-"
"Matthew, what happened to him?!" Stephanie shouted, making the other people in the room to stop their chatting and look her way.
"He went to the beach at around 6 AM and he..."
"HE WHAT?"
"He drowned."

Stephanie was speechless. Her heart felt as if it was about to explode. Her grip on the milk carton got loose, and it dropped to the floor, spilling milk everywhere. "I managed to save him and called the ambulance. I wanted to inform someone close to him and your number was the first one to show up, so I called you. He'll be at the angle stown hospital center."
"Ok, thank you," Stephanie said and immediately hung up.

"Stephanie? What's wrong?" Maria asked worriedly. " it's M-Matthew. H-he went to the beach early in the morning...and he...he drowned." By the end of the sentence, Stephanie was already a crying mess. The room went silent with a mix of worry for both Matthew and Stephanie. "Which hospital is it? I'll take you there." Sky said hurriedly as she went to hug the crying Stephanie. "I-Its the angle stone hospital center." She said as both her and Sky walked towards her car.

After what seemed like forever, but was in fact only 15 minutes, they arrived at the hospital. With tears streaming down her face, Stephanie rushed into the hospital, going straight to the reception. "C-can you tell me where is the room of the boy who drowned please?" She said quietly, and the receptionist looked at her with a frown before turning towards her computer. "A seventeen-year-old male with brown hair and brown eyes, is that the one you are looking for?" She asked.
"Yes! Where is he?!" She shouted all of a sudden, making the receptionist jump a little in her sit. "Room 306, third floor." She replied, and Stephanie waisted no time and ran immediately to the elevators, followed b Sky who was breathing heavily from running after her.