2. Change of plans

He held her hand firmly and said, " I don't know if your dad told you....but we've met before. I mean not officially, but I've seen you at your aunt's anniversary and..." he sighed. " and I didn't believe in love until I first saw....you." he looked straight through her eyes and she didn't blink. " I know this sounds crazy....believe me, this is crazy....I'm crazy....crazy about you." he smiled and she froze.

She realised how handsome he looked. She studied every feature on his face, and they all looked beautiful. " I know you're not ready to get married and I know you want to study, but if mom didn't have cancer, then I wouldn't have rushed this. I want you to know that when my mom asked me to get married, I honestly couldn't think of anyone else other than you and that's why I approached your father. It's her wish.....her last wish to see me get married. If you want to study after the marriage, you can." he exhaled expecting her to reply but she didn't.

" If there's any way I could convince you, please let me know. I'll be waiting." he released her hand and walked towards the door.Her dad followed him to send them off.

" What was that all about?" Ayla mouthed. She didn't respond. Ayla waved her hand in front of Anya's face. "Off to dreamland, huh?" she chuckled.

" Huh?" Anya looked at her as if she woke up from a momentary trance.

Ayla burst out laughing. " Seriously...."

____♡♡♥♥♡♡____

"Which aunt's anniversary ? " Anya asked looking at the mirror, removing her earrings.

" Don't tell me you don't remember." Ayla raised her brows.

" I don't" Anya shrugged.

" Of course you don't. You never care about boys, all you care about is, 'oh that wall misses a balloon, there's no juice in the container, that kid needs to go to the bathroom', you don't even groom yourself well." Ayla complained. She was just two years younger to Anya.

" Yes, I do!" Anya protested. " I just don't remember seeing him, that's all." she confessed.

" Next time, keep your eyes open." Ayla said.

Anya rolled her eyes. "My eyes are always open, see, see." she opened her eyes widely. Ayla laughed.

" Do you think he meant it? What he said?" Anya turned and looked at her sister.

" Please, the guy literally begged you to marry him." she said walking towards Anya. " Give her some credit." she said pointing to Anya's reflection on the mirror. Anya blushed.

___♡♡♥♥♡♡___

Anya finally agreed to the proposal after incessant phone calls from Rahul and his mother, not to mention, her parents' pleadings as well. The marriage was scheduled to be on March, as Rahul's mother's condition worsened.

The following weeks went busy in planning the wedding, shopping, choosing the venue, picking out dresses,furnitures and the whole enchilada.

Rahul was absolutely considerate of Anya's choices and wishes with regard to the wedding. Anya was totally impressed by his behaviour and attitude that she actually started liking him.

March 2011, India

The wedding took place as planned on March and Anya had grown very fond of Rahul over the day. She looked stunning and happy that she forgot about her dreams, her dreams of becoming a successful entrepreneur in life. She smiled at the cameras and realised that this was the ultimate purpose of life, and everything else were just supporting pillars. She was happy that she got married, happy that it was Rahul.

Everyone liked Rahul, her relatives, teachers, friends, even their security guard except Anya's best friend.

" He looks like a character from one of those fairy tale books." she had said.

" Why, what do you mean?" Anya asked curiously.

" He just doesn't look real to me, I think he's hiding something and this is all some kind of an act to go with it." she said blatantly.

" Calm down, Rima. What can he possibly hide? It doesn't even make sense. He is the rich guy and he is the one helping dad financially. What can he possibly gain from all this?" Anya questioned.

" That's what I'm trying to figure out, Anya." Rima bit her lips.

" Aren't you happy for me?"Anya asked concerned.

" No, no, I am...It's just...I'm looking out for you, that's all." she smiled and hugged Anya.

Anya thought about this while Rima walked towards the diaz. Rima hugged her and congratulated her.

"You're the most beautiful bride,I've ever seen." she said brushing a tear from the corner of her eye.

" Thank you, Rima. You're the best friend I ever had."Anya gleamed with happiness.

Rima nodded curtly at Rahul with a smile and left the diaz.

" I think your friend still doesn't approve of me." Rahul whispered into Anya's ears.

" No, she does."Anya said smiling at the cameras.

The wedding ended with lots of rituals and traditional practices, in the evening. Anya left to the groom's house with tears after bidding farewell to her family.

____♡♡♥♥♡♡____

This is it, she thought. It was their first night together. She was nervous and excited at the same time. She entered their room with a glass of milk in her hand. It was traditional for the wife to drink milk after the husband from the same glass. She could hear her heart pound and could see her hand shake.

She walked slowly, her gaze fixed to the ground and handed the glass to Rahul, who was wearing a dhoti and a shirt. He stood up, taking the glass from Anya and placed it on the table. He lifted her chin and smiled.

" My, my, look at my beautiful wife. " Rahul whispered.

Anya looked away and smiled, her heart was beating even more faster. He took her by her arms and made her sit on the bed. He lifted her right hand and placed his palm over her's.

" They're cold." Rahul chuckled. " Are you nervous, my love?" He asked looking at her.

My love, her heart skipped a beat. She smiled and shook her head.

" I want you to enjoy this as much as I do." he said stroking her hair gently. " So we can do this, whenever you're ready. I don't want to rush things. The day we make love, should be unforgettable because it's the day when our marriage will be fulfilled." He said and arranged the pillows in the bed. "But you might have to act in front of the elders, especially my mom."

Anya smiled and nodded. Her mind was completely blank, no thoughts, no questions.

"And Anya?" he called her. "You can sleep on the bed with me. I guarantee you, your chastity." he chuckled.

That night, she fell in love with him.

____♡♡♥♥♡♡____

Sooooo guys what did y'all think? Long chapter, I know. You guys are lucky.

So first nights are a biiiiggggg thing in India. Quite a night, huh.

So what will you guys tell if your husband tells you that he will wait for you? Wait wait. I know what you guys will tell.

" Oh no, I'm ready. Let's begin" :p

Like I said, I skipped the marriage part since no one asked for it. But if you guys want to know,there's always an Indian movie that you can watch to give you an idea.

I don't know when the next update will be. Let's hope it's soon, yeah? And don't forget to vote and comment .

Follow me on Twitter for information about updates and sneak peeks!
Razia (@Razzzzzia): https://twitter.com/Razzzzzia?s=09

Thanks for reading :) have a great weekend :))