Chapter Six

Christmas came faster than expected and I knew I would have to pack for Romania as soon as I got home. Mom, dad, and I were going to visit Charlie and Aitana.

      "What are you so excited about?" Dean asked as I jumped up and down with excitement as we were headed to the train.

        "Well, I get to go see Charlie and Aitana, and I get to see my godfather, and I get to make the adoption official." I said the last part quietly hoping they wouldn't hear, I hadn't told them.

"Adoption! You mean you're going to be a Weasley? Or are you going to be a Lupin?" Seamus asked searching my face with his eyes. "I'm going to be a Lupin." I smiled.

"Kirsten Lily Lupin." I liked how it sounded, "d-do you think my mom and dad would be proud of me for making this decision?" I asked looking at my feet.

It was Dean who replied, "Kit I know they would, from what I've heard it sounded like Remus was one of your fathers best friends." I looked up and smiled at him as I switched hands with Aspens crate and my trunk.

          We got on the train and I opened Aspens cage once we found a compartment and leaned up against the wall, with my legs across the seat.

         Seamus pushed my legs off so he could sit and I placed them right back into his lap and he just rolled his eyes.

          "Come here baby boy." I called, and Aspen jumped up in to my lap. I yawned before closing my eyes. "Wake me when we get to the station."

"Kit, Kit baby." A soft voice was trying to wake me, "put Aspen in his cage and grab her trunk would you Charlie, I'll get her." I felt someone pick me up and I groaned, curling into them.

I opened my eyes, peeking up at the person carrying me. My eyes were all blurry from sleeping, "hey dad." I yawned and the person carrying me stopped.

I rubbed my eyes and looked up, Remus was carrying me and he was looking down at me, mouth ajar.

         "What?" I asked looking up at him and he shook his head as to say nothing. I realized what I had said. I grinned as he set me down once we crossed the barrier.

I hugged him and smiled, "so I never got a letter back about the, you know, adoption so I assume you-." I cut him off. "Yes. I wanted to tell you in person." He smiled and hugged me.

          We all apparated home to pack. I ran up to my room and was tackled by a mess of red hair as soon as I entered. "Hey Gin!" I laughed as I hugged her back.

       "Kit!" Charlie called up the steps. "Up here Charl!" I could hear his heavy steps climbing the stairs. Ginny let go of me and I rushed into the room, grabbing my other trunk from under my bed before beginning to throw clothes, parchment, quills, ink, boots, and a whole bunch of other stuff into the trunk.

        Charlie walked into the room with my school trunk and Aspens cage. He looked at my messily packed trunk and shook his head.

        I stuck my tounge out at him before waving my hand over the trunk, allowing everything to neatly organize itself. He grinned at me and grabbed my trunk off the bed, I picked up Aspens trunk and began to carry it downstairs.

        "I'll be down in a few, I have to grab something from Fred and George's room." Charlie nodded and continued down the steps.

       I opened the door to their room and was immediately blown back by a powerful force. I was sent flying over the banister.

        I yelled the first name that came to my mind, "MOONY!" I thought I was going to hit the ground but I was caught.

       I cling to the person who caught me and I felt a few tears run down my face. "Shhh, it's okay." It was Remus, he was holding me tight to him.

         I calmed down and he set me down. Mom rushed over to make sure nothing was broken, I had a few bruises but nothing major.

       Once mom had sent a howler to the twins we were all paired off to apparate. Charlie had invited Remus so I was apparating with him, Ginny with mom and then Dad, And Charlie were all going separate.

           We apparated right outside the sanctuary. As we entered Bruno was waiting for us, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Weasley!" He smiled at me, "how are you doing?" I grinned and was about to answer when I was almost knocked over by someone hugging me.

      "Kit!" I recognized the voice and hugged the brown eyed boy in front of me. "Hey Jack!" When I had been there over the summer, Jack had become my best friend.

     I turned to Bruno, "where's Valto?" He motioned for me to follow him and I did willingly. We walked into the woods until we saw the copper scales of the dragon.

"Hey Valto!" I called and the dragon raised his head to look at me before thundering over to me. He lowered his head and I placed my hand between his eyes.

All of the sudden I was knocked off my feet. All I could see was the violet scales of the Norwegian Ridgeback on top of me. "ELI YOU FAT ARSE GOT OFF ME!" I yelled and he rolled off of me and lowered his head, looking at me with eyes of sorrow. I giggled and placed my hand on his snout.

The rest of the day consisted of playing with the dragons and unpacking. Until the evening when we were placed into our sleeping arrangements.

I was on the floor in front of the couch with Charlie and Aitana, mom and dad were in the bedroom, and Remus was on the couch Ginny was on the floor with mom and dad .