thirty seven

A lot of time jumps in this chapter

4 weeks later

Alizé

I sat Rakim against my chest patting his back as I was burping him. I am so exhausted I didn't even put my titty back in my tank top. Motherhood has been good and not so good so far. Despite the fact that I've been thrown up, peed, and pooped on, everything else is good. Rakim is the sweetest and always loves being cuddled up with him momma. I've been staying with Keith's parents in Sacramento to just chill out and focus on taking care of my baby. The news got out and Lonzo said he has a spot for Rakim to work at the store.

Ms.Jennifer, Big Keith, Kaylan, Kevin, and even Skylar make things so much easier, but it's still hard. With Rakim looking exactly like Keith all I do is break down. I cry at least three times everyday. It's just hard and I'm still healing. The memories pour in my head of him trying to breath, the blood. Donte comes in and covers his eyes.

" Alizé I know you mother and every thing, but don't be leaving boobies out to just hang."

Rakim finally burps and I carefully lay him down on the bed fixing myself togther. I make contact with Donte and he makes a disgusting face.

" What wigga?"

" You have dark circles."

" Well that's what happens when you have a little munchkin who wakes you up almost every hour of the night."

He looks in the trash and sees all my makeup in there.

" You throwing all your makeup away?"

" Yeah, I don't see no point in wearing it anymore. I don't want him to get baby ache ", I caress his little face.

" How have you've been since you have birth?"

" I'm alright, just been chilling in the house taking care of Rakim."

Rakim kicks his feet smiling at me. Donte then picks him up kissing his cheeks.

" I love you buddy."

Rakim just stares at him with his little eyebrows bunched together.

I grab the letter Keith wrote me out of the night stand and read it again. I've been reading it everyday since Donte gave it to me at the hospital, I just miss my boyfriend. He would be such a help with everything. He made everything in my life easier.

5

months later

" Look at mommas baby."

I smile at Rakim as he giggles back with his hand in his mouth. It was almost dinner time and this would be his first time trying food food. I hope he likes it and doesn't spit it out like he did with the baby food, because that shit was lowkey expensive. I hear momma Jen call us down and me and my baby almost got ran over by Kevin.

" Boy this is not the Arkansas State football field."

He does that Q-dog bark and I roll my eyes. Kevin and Kayalan are back from college and I wish Kevin would go back. He has truly went into the roll of a brother in law and bugs the mess out of me every second he gets. I enter the dining room pulling Rakim's high chair up. I sit him in and he beats on his table smiling at me. He looks more and more like Keith each time he's growing.