Chapter 13 - The Surprise

Start from the beginning

"I kind of thought we were already friends? By association?"

"I guess we are." I said. "But we've never really talked alone. I don't really know you yet and you certainly don't know me." I looked down but when I looked back up at the screen, Niall was gone. The room he was in was empty. "Niall?" I asked.

He had walked away and then walked back over. I couldn't understand why. He sat back down in front of the computer and smiled at me. "Hello, my name is Niall Horan. I'm from Ireland, I like to eat at Nando's, and I'm in a band that you may have heard of called One Direction. What's your name?"

I laughed at his gesture. No one has ever done anything like this to me before. "Hi, my name is Emily Manon. I'm from America, I like to eat at Chick-Fil-A, and I run a fanpage for a band you may have heard of called One Direction."

Niall laughed at my answers and I smiled at him until he spoke. "I've never been to Chicki-Fil-A. It's on my list of places I want to visit when we come to America."

"Oh you'll love it! Wait, you have a list?" I raised an eyebrow as I asked.

"Yes! Wait right here." He jumped up and walked away again.

"When are you coming to America?" I shouted. I didn't know if he could still hear me though.

"I think the tour starts next week. We're still on break right now." He shouted back. "Ok I got it." He sat back down in front of me and unwrapped a huge piece of paper.

"I'm guessing it's only restuarants on your list?"

"Dine in and fast food, yes." He gets so serious when he talks about food. "What do they have at Chick-Fil-A?"

"Other than the best chicken known to mankind, they have fries and ice cream and..."

"What do you suggest?" Niall interuppted me.

"To eat? Well the chicken strips there are good...and so is the lemonade and..."

"Ugh, why don't we have one of those over here." He groaned and leaned back in his seat.

"If it makes you feel any better I've never eaten at Nando's."

"What!" If I had been sitting there with him, he probably would have spit on me while he shouted that. "Never? Really?"

"We don't have them in America."

"Not even one?"

"Nope, not a single one."

"Jesus, I'm not gonna make it through this tour." He rubbed his faces with his hands.

I lauged at him. "Don't worry, Chick-Fil-A will make up for it."

"Next time you happen to be in London...or Ireland...let me know so I can fix you up with some Nando's." He winked at me.

"Well let me know when you come here so I can fix you up with some Chick-Fil-A." I winked back and we both laughed at each other. This was going to be a nice friendship, I could already tell.

Katie's POV:

Things were pretty normal now. Sasha went back to the guard after the hurricane. The National Guard was recruting as many members as they could to help the town get back on their feet. It had been 2 weeks since the storm and Sasha and her crew from the Guard were coming over to our house for dinner.

"Yay! I'm so glad you guys made it!" Sasha opened the door, greeting all of our guests. My mom, dad, Angel and I stood around Sasha and smiled at her friends standing in the doorway. "Ok, guys this is my mom, my dad, my best friend Katie, and her sister, who's also my best friend, Angel." Each of us waved as them as she called our names. "Guys, these are my friends. This is Annie, Eren, Marco, Jean, Armin, and Miki..."